2024/25 Sean Dyche

Unfortunately it is the only Everton related entertainment we get.

MANAGER WARS! Right here on GOT. Roll up, roll up!
Ha I know...and I get it's a very tempestuous subject but am worried it's probably going to get worse for it's get better.

We should all have each back at the minute because we're a laughing stick around the country.

Just saying 'a stronger club' reduces the matter and doesn't provide any context.

Think about it. Everton are in their last season before Bramley Moore, and have a huge history of sacking managers, and a recent history of relegation battles. Of course they don't want to pull the plug on this with so much in the balance. They're hoping it can come good.
The problem with this, is if it doesn't:
Wait till we lose 1-3 to Leicester with Keane, Young and Harrison start.
...all too easy to imagine.

Old markets saying: hope is not a strategy.

Anyhoo, fingers crossed that Everton pulls its collective arris out of the bacon slicer at the weekend, hey...

Just saying 'a stronger club' reduces the matter and doesn't provide any context.

Think about it. Everton are in their last season before Bramley Moore, and have a huge history of sacking managers, and a recent history of relegation battles. Of course they don't want to pull the plug on this with so much in the balance. They're hoping it can come good.

Then they're dumb.

I'm just waiting for the sweet day that I can feast on GOT again. My chips are down right now but my god... If they come back...
Mate like I said mate the beauty of a forum is everyone can throw their 10 pence worth in but at this moment in time it feels pretty dark,so the point scoring probably doesn't help.

I mentioned a few pages back I was Pro Dyche till Bournemouth and after that capitulation realised something wasn't right,The numbers and stats are starting to look pretty damming.

Praying he’s punted today.
0.2% chance unfortunately. They'll only consider who could possibly be his replacement after he's been sacked, which will likely come after 10 straight defeats. They should already have a shortlist of 5 names and be actively talking with them - as soon as their highest priority agrees to join, Dyche needs punting. Villa got Emery ffs, nobody can tell me we can't attract a high-profile manager.

0.2% chance unfortunately. They'll only consider who could possibly be his replacement after he's been sacked, which will likely come after 10 straight defeats. They should already have a shortlist of 5 names and be actively talking with them - as soon as their highest priority agrees to join, Dyche needs punting. Villa got Emery ffs, nobody can tell me we can't attract a high-profile manager.
If, and it's a massive if, he is booted, I can only think they'll try to get Moyes in again.

'Hoping' isn't confidence inspiring.

No, they need to be actively seeking to change the narrative, turn is into a good outfit, and put in the hard yards to make us a successful team.

I wouldn't call myself a supporter, let's say I'm a Dyche accepter! 🙃

I haven't been able to see last two games, but my view is still that he will ultimately get enough points to keep us up and that I don't care about how crap we play or these depressing losing runs. Nothings changing until we have new owners, just keep us in the league.

I'd expect we get 4 PTS minimum from the next 3 games and we will be on our way. Most seasons he seems to be a guarantee of keeping you up given his average PPG. He was capable of some real lows last season, but also some decent mid table type performances and a couple of very good games, so I don't yet see this run as anything different than that. I reckon they see it as simple as that.

This run continues over next 3 or 4 games OR the crowd absolutely loses it, then I'd say he is done for and I'll be dreading whatever their next move will be. Neil Warnock's cat or something.
The issue is whether the players have stopped playing for him. There’s been rumblings that a few senior pros have lost respect for him since the Patterson “incident” and a few have grown tired of his methods and tactics which is stifling their play. When he was axed at Burnley, there were respected journalists saying that senior members of the squad won’t be disappointed with that decision.

If you have players that will no longer run through brick walls for you, especially a squad that isn’t the best to begin with, then you’ve got a recipe for absolute disaster. We simply can’t sleepwalk in to relegation with a stadium move next year. At some point and some point soon, you just have to role the dice and make a change.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back