Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2024/25 Sean Dyche

You're gona make a counter argument against everything. I get that.

Well, no.

That was actually you. I made a post about Everton having a depleted side - which is fact. I also mentioned how Southampton have regularly dominated possession, but still lost this season. Again, fact.

They'd have lost last night too, if Lindstrom put in a semi competent performance.

But possession. What about it. Its no big deal? Only the sides you exampled were winning off lower possession. Everton aren't.
So what have we got currently under Dyche? A team that is virtually unwatchable that cant keep possession its not a great combination is it.

Either are Southampton mate. Maybe possession isn't everything.

So what have we got currently under Dyche? A team that is virtually unwatchable that cant keep possession its not a great combination is it.

It's not, but I'm afraid we're crap. As we were before Dyche, and as we will be after him until there's ownership that isn't basketcase, who can bring in players who aren't Beto standard. Who you told me the other week was the better option than Calvert-Lewin...

You’ll have Moyes replace him shortly.

The most Everton thing is go backwards instead of forwards. Let’s see how it pans out, I dare say some will be scouring these pages in the future to see if those pushing another manager out may be the same people who screamed about driving Lukaku to Old Trafford themselves and just sharing the goals around. Someone called them “the MAGA of online Everton” but I think that’s a bit harsh they’re just blues who care lads.

….i really hope he gets the results he needs to save his job, i still think he’s the best chance we have.

Moyes is the obvious replacement, I’d be surprised if he’s not already been sounded out. Everything has to be short-term until the new owner comes in and ultimately gets the manager/DoF he wants.

Well, no.

That was actually you. I made a post about Everton having a depleted side - which is fact. I also mentioned how Southampton have regularly dominated possession, but still lost this season. Again, fact.

They'd have lost last night too, if Lindstrom put in a semi competent performance.

It's not, but I'm afraid we're crap. As we were before Dyche, and as we will be after him until there's ownership that isn't basketcase, who can bring in players who aren't Beto standard. Who you told me the other week was the better option than Calvert-Lewin...
They made more changes than we did so uss being depleted doesn't really matter, Dixon and Armstrong aside that was a massively experienced side which cost a lot of money ( I know, this doesn't mean they are good )

I might be in the minority but I don't think lindstrom was bad, he just missed some chances, he tried to create, he offered more than what Harrison does at least.

And we are crap, but so are about 8 teams in this league, any semi competent manager should be able to get this squad to a similar position we finished last season.

….i really hope he gets the results he needs to save his job, i still think he’s the best chance we have.

Moyes is the obvious replacement, I’d be surprised if he’s not already been sounded out.
I understand the fear associated with a leap into the unknown, but I think this squad was made less Dychey in the summer.

There are far better managers suited to this squad than chip and charge Dyche.

Beginning of the end last night. Managers don't turn it around from this position with the fans.

Wish he could get through to the end of the season as the quality of manager we could replace him with would be exponentially better than a change mid-season.

Mid-season means it'll be Moyes and we'll be in this exact same place in 12-18 months once people realize West Ham fans were complaining about the exact same things we are now.

We are in a constant cycle of never ending managers getting sacked, them picking players they shouldnt be, players staying who should have well left the club, crap managers been linked a lot, non stop losing and so much more. It's constant misery been an Everton Fan with not much if anything to look forward to, everything we try and do is just dragged out beyong belief, that when anything is actually officially done, it feels like nothing at all. Any new boss we get, we will have the same thing of them having the previous 3/4 managers worth of players all jumbled in that he may not want,then any new boss if they do bad, we will hear it getting said they need time etc

Moyes is the obvious replacement, I’d be surprised if he’s not already been sounded out. Everything has to be short-term until the new owner comes in and ultimately gets the manager/DoF he wants.
Really couldn't give a toss about "saving his job", thats an awful take Eggs.

I really hope he gets the results because that means Everton are winning and progressing

We had a depleted side last night.

People bang on about possession, but we were playing a team who pass for passing sake. They went to Brentford, Brentford had 37% possession but still beat them 3-1. They went to Newcastle, Newcastle had 22% of possession but Newcastle beat them 1-0. Against Nottingham Forest, Forest had 35% possession.

It was a crap watch, but we still should have won. The fringe players fans have been screaming to be given a chance, just didn't do it. Looking at you, Lindstrom. Looking at you, Beto.

The likes of Mangala rushed in - he had the fewest of touches of any outfield player.

Dixon, as refreshing as it was to see some pace - also lost the most duels on the pitch and to me at least, was walked through repeatedly down that side.

I didn't expect us to beat Spurs Away, or Villa Away.

Brighton are no mugs - Bournemouth was the disappointment.

I shared my view on here we'd be on <3 points prior Leicester. The next two, Leicester A and C.Palace he needs 3/4 points, minimum.

The upcoming fixture list now looks a bit kinder - we need to stay in contention come January and hope ownership is sorted and spend.

Leicester a
Palace h
Newcastle h
Ipswich a
Fulham h
Southampton a
West Ham a
Brentford h
9 of Southampton's starting XI also had the dreaded 'PL experience' (more than 5 games) prior to this season compared to our 5

Well, no.

Sorry mate but you cant cherry pick what parts of Southampton you want to mention.
Both sides were depleted from their league games. Why is it only relevant to Everton.
Its also a "fact" that the sides you brought up against southampton that had less possession won those games. You're trying to make the point possession doesnt win you games. Thats fine. Most know that. Its not a choice with Everton though. We're not only incapable of possession through the style of the manager. We're also incapable of winning games( unlike those other teams you brought up) without it.
This isnt complicated this one.
We're in big trouble.

My thoughts are the sooner the better Dyche and his cronies are booted the better, the longer he stays the less chance we have of not getting relegated and we definitely do not want that to happen. It just not happening for Dyche, he is making very strange team selections, his pre / post match pressers are bizarre (blaming everybody apart from himself) and the way he wanders around the technical area waving his arms around like a windmill on speed. Who would we bring in to get us back on track, well that is another issue. Just to add I was watching the Southampton subs last night at half time getting put though there half time routine by one of the Southampton coaches and to be fair they never stopped. Meanwhile the Everton subs just booted the ball to each other and never even got into a jog.

Last edited:

I disagree about your first point, there are many managers who could get a better tune out of this new, slightly more talented bunch.

But yes, I think we are stuck with him until the takeover. If it's Textor, he would definitely get his own man in immediately, and so if we tried to find a new manager now, we would be trying to sell a gig which could be as short as a few weeks or a couple of months. Alas Dyche is going nowhere for now.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back