• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Suarez is not racist or a diver - Dalglish LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to see that too, but the player getting the abuse probably knows he'll get the abuser in more trouble if he has a big reaction to it. Completely agree though, it'd be like a win. I do reckon racism is used as an excuse to over react and smash someone's head without retribution too much though.

The only thing that annoys me about this place is the fact that the only real reason your all utterly horrified by this is because he plays for liverpool. would there be the same 'hang him' attitude if he played for Everton? If he did do it he deserves the book thrown at him but for everyone to act like theyre personally offended is just unrealistic especially when you didnt hear it first hand.

As with everything involving them, what really winds me up is the way in which the rules are bent in their favour. This latest article from the Guardian clearly suggests that he did in fact say what Evra claimed he said and there is evidence of him saying it (otherwise their defence makes no sense and they would still be demanding that Evra get banned for making it up), and yet the FA appear to be going along with it because people in Uruguay all use such language, even though that argument is blatantly absurd to anyone with a brain.

Nah your talking sense tbh, I never thought of it like that. I just would love a black player to laugh in the face of someone being racist to them as opposed to loosing it/ threatening to walk off etc. All it does is give the racist exactly what they want.

Samuel Eto'o's monkey celebration against Zaragoza a while back is probably the funniest time I have seen that, though the Zaragoza fans got even worse afterwards.

As with everything involving them, what really winds me up is the way in which the rules are bent in their favour. This latest article from the Guardian clearly suggests that he did in fact say what Evra claimed he said and there is evidence of him saying it (otherwise their defence makes no sense and they would still be demanding that Evra get banned for making it up), and yet the FA appear to be going along with it because people in Uruguay all use such language, even though that argument is blatantly absurd to anyone with a brain.

And he said it multiple times in the match.

That to me says he meant something behind it.

Who cares if it means something different in another country? If a player uses offensive or racist slurs in a different language and the receiver doesn't understand it, it stops there. But now its been caught out, he's looking for an excuse. The FA needs to set and example so its clear that it can't go on.

And that Guardian article made me chuckle using Spanish under 21 players as an example of banter...a nation infamous for racism in sport that's always brushed under the carpet

Who cares if it means something different in another country? If a player uses offensive or racist slurs in a different language and the receiver doesn't understand it, it stops there. But now its been caught out, he's looking for an excuse. The FA needs to set and example so its clear that it can't go on.

And that Guardian article made me chuckle using Spanish under 21 players as an example of banter...a nation infamous for racism in sport that's always brushed under the carpet

Plus that's between mates. I call my mates tvvats, bell ends, w***ers etc etc etc. I'm sure if I said that to some random fella in an aggressive manner over and over again I'd be in a scrap. It's all about context.

hammer+nail.jpg

"Negrito" can be used in a friendly way in some circles but this doesn't seem to be the case. Suarez and Evra don't know eachother so it's not valid really. He has no reason to say it.

I just think it's not as if Evra is the only black player on the pitch. It's not as if he wouldn't have support from everyone on the pitch black or white if it was heard. I think he let a stupid word get to him and it ruined his game. End of the day it is just a word, and he could have got on witrh the game, let his football do the talking and then make a complaint and get the **** in trouble after the match. I think he over reacted in my opinion. Not that what Suarez has done isn't serious. But I think Evra could have been more professional about it. It's not as if there were 40,000 people and everyone on the pitch doing it. It was one stupid, horrible person. If I flipped out every time I've been insulted and on a couple of occasions racially insulted I'd either be in hospital or jail.

I just think it's not as if Evra is the only black player on the pitch. It's not as if he wouldn't have support from everyone on the pitch black or white if it was heard. I think he let a stupid word get to him and it ruined his game. End of the day it is just a word, and he could have got on witrh the game, let his football do the talking and then make a complaint and get the **** in trouble after the match. I think he over reacted in my opinion. Not that what Suarez has done isn't serious. But I think Evra could have been more professional about it. It's not as if there were 40,000 people and everyone on the pitch doing it. It was one stupid, horrible person. If I flipped out every time I've been insulted and on a couple of occasions racially insulted I'd either be in hospital or jail.

Its about context though - Suarez is clearly a massive c**t on the football pitch, so I can understand entirely why Evra would complain about being racially abused by him.

Not questioning why he complained. Not suggesting he should put up and shut up. But behaving petulently and letting it get to him is just what Suarez would have wanted. There was a time and a place to complain, either quietly to the referee on the pitch or a formal complaint afterwards.

Not questioning why he complained. Not suggesting he should put up and shut up. But behaving petulently and letting it get to him is just what Suarez would have wanted. There was a time and a place to complain, either quietly to the referee on the pitch or a formal complaint afterwards.

That's what he did isn't it?

You're blaming the victim.

Suarez racially abused Evra. There's not even a shadow of a doubt about it.

You're blaming the victim.

Suarez racially abused Evra. There's not even a shadow of a doubt about it.

Not blaming the victim. Just saying he could have handled it better. Not exusing Suarez. I guess it's an 'if it were me' situation. I wouldn't let one guy get to me so badly. It's not as if it was every player and/ or the crowd. I'd let my football do the talking (exquisit as it is) and complain afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back