• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Suarez is not racist or a diver - Dalglish LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

If negrito is a word for a black man in Uruguay - even if 'not offensive', and Suarez repeatedly used it aggressively towards Evra that's racism.

You can call an Australian an Aussie, a British man a Brit but not a Pakistani man a **** because it's used as a slur rather than a colloquial term. The word itself isn't offensive but the way it's used is. Same applies here.

God I ******* hate Suarez.

Last edited:

The only thing that annoys me about this place is the fact that the only real reason your all utterly horrified by this is because he plays for liverpool. would there be the same 'hang him' attitude if he played for Everton? If he did do it he deserves the book thrown at him but for everyone to act like theyre personally offended is just unrealistic especially when you didnt hear it first hand.

The only thing that annoys me about this place is the fact that the only real reason your all utterly horrified by this is because he plays for liverpool. would there be the same 'hang him' attitude if he played for Everton? If he did do it he deserves the book thrown at him but for everyone to act like theyre personally offended is just unrealistic especially when you didnt hear it first hand.

Not really. I'm not personally offended because I'm not black, but if someone calls another player something like that, Liverpool or not, they should be in serious trouble. Call someone that at the office and you're sacked. But also, the majority of of Evertonians detest the little ***** so I see your point.

I am all for sledging on the pitch, but I think there is a line you never cross, and if he did utter a racial slur, fine him and whatever else under the rules with racism. There is a Kick Racism Out of Football campaign and I think we should should take all claims seriously, regardless of who they play for. I hate Liverpool like you guys do, but if a player from Newcastle said something like this I would hope he was given the same penalty as anyone who racially abuses someone.

I am all for sledging on the pitch, but I think there is a line you never cross, and if he did utter a racial slur, fine him and whatever else under the rules with racism. There is a Kick Racism Out of Football campaign and I think we should should take all claims seriously, regardless of who they play for. I hate Liverpool like you guys do, but if a player from Newcastle said something like this I would hope he was given the same penalty as anyone who racially abuses someone.

Is the correct answer.

Not really. I'm not personally offended because I'm not black, but if someone calls another player something like that, Liverpool or not, they should be in serious trouble. Call someone that at the office and you're sacked. But also, the majority of of Evertonians detest the little ***** so I see your point.

Fair play, I do too, but everyone acting like they're utterly horrifed and offended by this is such a Liverpool high horse jumping thing to do. He should be treated as Suarez the racist not Suarez the racist Liverpool player.

Just a thought though, was there as big a scandal when Diouf made racial slurs against a white person?

Fair play, I do too, but everyone acting like they're utterly horrifed and offended by this is such a Liverpool high horse jumping thing to do. He should be treated as Suarez the racist not Suarez the racist Liverpool player.

Just a thought though, was there as big a scandal when Diouf made racial slurs against a white person?

Yeah that's true.

I suppose there's not as much of a big deal over racism towards white people because there hasn't been years of apartheid, slavery and racism which White people have been on the bad end of.

Yeah that's true.

I suppose there's not as much of a big deal over racism towards white people because there hasn't been years of apartheid, slavery and racism which White people have been on the bad end of.

Or white people don't kick off all the time. If someone called me a honkey or whatever I'd just laugh. Been called 'white boy' by an Asian before and just thought 'that sounds weird, you're weird'. Yet if it was reversed, oh dear oh dear. Even white people would be disgusted. It's like we're apologising for stuff that happened hundreds of years ago. People need to chill out and then we'd all get along a lot better. Although venemously spitting 'you b*ack ****' or the N word is always going to be the lowest of the low. Not disagreeing tbh. It sounds horrific.

Last edited:
Or white people don't kick off all the time. If someone called me a honkey or whatever I'd just laugh. Been called 'white boy' by an Asian before and just thought 'that sounds weird, you're weird'. Yet if it was reversed, oh dear oh dear. Even white people would be disgusted. It's like we're apologising for stuff that happened hundreds of years ago.

Same, and I wasn't really arsed at all. But if you moved to Nigeria where you were constantly referred to as honkey or white boy every day of your life how would you feel then? I'm not defending racism against anyone like, I think it should be just as bad directed towards any race, but white people and Asian people probably don't care about racism towards them as much as Muslims or Black people do because it's not as prominent in their lives.

Jesus Christ, I sound like a militant anti-racism campaigner.

Nah your talking sense tbh, I never thought of it like that. I just would love a black player to laugh in the face of someone being racist to them as opposed to loosing it/ threatening to walk off etc. All it does is give the racist exactly what they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back