Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
We simply must sign a cb and striker .

We can’t have a striker that spends more time with the doctor than he does with a football and a centre back that runs and turns so it looks like he’s playing football on the moon.
Agree those two positions are critical for me especially if Dyche isn't going to play Branthwaite. Positionally he isn't good but Godfrey's main attribute was pace and physicality and since his leg break and covid he hasn't returned to his full strength on either of those. Then you have Keane who is a calamity who should have been sold seasons ago.

We could not raise £5 million as a down payment on Chea Adams - the financial news coming out recently is that we are in big financial trouble with the Board members who are left - we needed to be taken over before the season started our past dealings may be stopping firms investing or buying us out - It's looking bleak any player we are linked with now is & has been pure fantasy - We are not in a very good place if the stories are true of shady dealing going way back - October we may face the consequences under the FFP rules ?

We have a faceless Board who an AGM is void every season .... what companies do this ?

Agree those two positions are critical for me especially if Dyche isn't going to play Branthwaite. Positionally he isn't good but Godfrey's main attribute was pace and physicality and since his leg break and covid he hasn't returned to his full strength on either of those. Then you have Keane who is a calamity who should have been sold seasons ago.
Sold! Charity shop wouldn't have him. Maybe donate him to the council as a traffic cone.

Creativity is massive and seems to almost be forgotten about. We haven’t replaced Gylfi let alone James. Danjuma and Harrison will be a big improvement out wide but you can’t have Doucoure as your first choice attacking midfielder when he’s so technically poor.

We have lots to do but other than a striker and some sort of competent CB my priority would be a proper creative 10 type. Failing that get another winger and give McNeil a go centrally- he’s the only guy who really seems to have the technique, ball striking and work rate to link the midfield to the attack and generate a goal threat. Not an ideal solution but it’s not an ideal world.

Absolutely agree with all that mate, id love a good no 10, maybe even before a forward, with the likely lack of that though. The options are McNeill and im half suspicious this might be the plan. Dele, we know read there and the Duke.

I do think Harriosn and Danjuma will make a significant difference to our threat anyway.

Absolutely agree with all that mate, id love a good no 10, maybe even before a forward, with the likely lack of that though. The options are McNeill and im half suspicious this might be the plan. Dele, we know read there and the Duke.

I do think Harriosn and Danjuma will make a significant difference to our threat anyway.

I would like to see Danjuma playing off DCL.

DCL
McNeil Danjuma Harrison

Compared to

Maupay
Iwobi Doucs Garner

Would be light and day to what were seeing currently.

Also all those everton ITKs who claimed at had a £15m fee accepted, then back tracked to say we were haggling over a £5m upfront payment. Now suddenly we haven't agreed a fee and Southampton want £18m. Benj and Bobble may know a team sheet 5 mins before it's released but it's all looking a bit silly when it comes to transfers this window
Who said Southampton want 18m? The ever reliable Sky Sports because I certainly didn't.

Everton bid 15m - what they haven't agreed on is the structure of the transfer which is exactly what I said. It's all out there if you go and have a look, Mike McGrath, Jonathan Percy all confirmed it.

I would like to see Danjuma playing off DCL.

DCL
McNeil Danjuma Harrison

Compared to

Maupay
Iwobi Doucs Garner

Would be light and day to what were seeing currently.

Again an option mate, he looked positive and took the initiative at Villa at times, woefully isolated though.

A key thing with the players we signed this summer and prob a trait we targeted is their ability to be a utility across a number of positions.

That said of course we have an injury epidemic were all our utility players are injured.

Who said Southampton want 18m? The ever reliable Sky Sports because I certainly didn't.

Everton bid 15m - what they haven't agreed on is the structure of the transfer which is exactly what I said. It's all out there if you go and have a look, Mike McGrath, Jonathan Percy all confirmed it.

Anything doing on Beto mate?

Again an option mate, he looked positive and took the initiative at Villa at times, woefully isolated though.

A key thing with the players we signed this summer and prob a trait we targeted is their ability to be a utility across a number of positions.

That said of course we have an injury epidemic were all our utility players are injured.
Yep. Our utility players are currently useless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back