The bending of PSR rules

We are bending the rules because they have retroactively enforced them instead of establishing clear laws and being transparent with them. They forced our hand. Not much we can do.

The reason there's a fuss is because we've effectively swapped a player with Villa and it mutually benefits PSR. The players we sold last year were for cash. Personally I think the valuations are fair, as will the Premier League if they bother investigating which I doubt they will. However they don't want clubs swapping all their players to get round the "spirit" of psr. Although as people have pointed out you are only delaying the amortisation.

Chelsea sell a hotel to themselves to get round PSR = fine.

Everton sell a player to another club for less than what big 6 teams sell their unwanted dross players to other teams for and they kick off and the premier league start talking about monitoring transfers ......

Disgusting.

I don't get how a club is acting in good faith whilst selling a hotel to themselves to get round PSR. Yet they're allowed to.

@TimesSport

NEW: The Premier League is monitoring player transfers that could be used to exploit a loophole in its spending rules to ensure they do not breach regulations about clubs acting in good faith.

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back