The bending of PSR rules

Any club will simply argue that they are player trading.
The PSR deadline creates a secondary market. If our only way of buying players is to do deals with clubs who are also in this market then it's fine.

We have to participate in that market as the conditions of it befit our current ability to do deals.

Its honestly so pathetic and will be tomorrow's chip paper soon enough.
Yes, we need a midfielder and Villa need a winger. Both similar value players with Premier league experience. Swap deal that shows their value on accounts. Because guess what? They have a value.

Nothing wrong with this.

This from a Telegraph article today:

The Premier League will look at all transfers for fair value with some clubs believing that sales of young players between certain clubs in the last few days of the current financial year could principally be driven to generate profits to comply with cost control rules.

The bit in bold beggars belief. Of course the sales are to comply with the PSR rules, if there weren't any we would not need to sell fringe and youth players (and occasionally star players). The rules are you must generate enough revenue to balance your costs (-105m/3), the only way the 14 can make a material difference to their revenue is player trading; ergo clubs are trading players close to the deadline to meet the rules.

And yet somehow the PL want to 'investigate' this??? Basically it is saying they don't want clubs to be able to meet the rules.

I think the key is in who the 'some clubs' and 'certain clubs' happen to be in the quote above.

It's certain clubs driving this media agenda. Specifically one is Manchester United

It is not a coincidence Jim Radcliffe has given interviews with the Times and Telegraph in the past 12 months. They have influence with these parts of the press. Now they're using it

Chelsea sell a hotel to themselves to get round PSR = fine.

Everton sell a player to another club for less than what big 6 teams sell their unwanted dross players to other teams for and they kick off and the premier league start talking about monitoring transfers ......

Disgusting.

I don't get how a club is acting in good faith whilst selling a hotel to themselves to get round PSR. Yet they're allowed to.

Utmost good faith is defined in law

Provided you deal honestly. You disclose the full facts you cannot be found not acting it utmost good faith

There is more chance of me being hit by an asteroid than Everton being found guilty of anything over Lewis Dobbin's transfer

He's been known for years in football as a player who will make it at the top level

So good luck to anyone trying to prove otherwise on this transfer

This from a Telegraph article today:

The Premier League will look at all transfers for fair value with some clubs believing that sales of young players between certain clubs in the last few days of the current financial year could principally be driven to generate profits to comply with cost control rules.

The bit in bold beggars belief. Of course the sales are to comply with the PSR rules, if there weren't any we would not need to sell fringe and youth players (and occasionally star players). The rules are you must generate enough revenue to balance your costs (-105m/3), the only way the 14 can make a material difference to their revenue is player trading; ergo clubs are trading players close to the deadline to meet the rules.

And yet somehow the PL want to 'investigate' this??? Basically it is saying they don't want clubs to be able to meet the rules.

I think the key is in who the 'some clubs' and 'certain clubs' happen to be in the quote above.
I've not read the full article or delved too deep but is there actual credible reports of the PL being overly arsed and 'investigating' the Iroegbunam and Dobbin deals specifically? Seems very speculative at best.

There's obviously something with the method of those deals there that they'd want to keep an eye on should it elevate to absolutely ridiculous fees.

It's not even a new concept in football. There was a big investigation into it with several Italian clubs which was ultimately cleared up but then reopened looking specifically at Juventus as evidence of deliberate collusion came to light.

Utmost good faith is defined in law

Provided you deal honestly. You disclose the full facts you cannot be found not acting it utmost good faith

There is more chance of me being hit by an asteroid than Everton being found guilty of anything over Lewis Dobbin's transfer

He's been known for years in football as a player who will make it at the top level

So good luck to anyone trying to prove otherwise on this transfer
Yeah both players are touted as good prospects so don’t really see why or how the PL could have any issues. £10m for a PL fringe squad player is the going rate these days.

Surely this is just a bit of theatre from the Prem to project that they are taking the concerns of the loser club(s) who raised this seriously?

Proving a transfer wasn't "done in good faith" is going to be extremely difficult, if not impossible. Even the Kellyman sale, which is the one that seems to have the most scrutiny (in terms of valuation) falls apart when you look at fees Liverpool were getting for completely untested youth players for years.

Not to mention the fee we got for Dobbin being comparable with Cannon, Simms etc.

This is a total nothing burger, but it probably will drum up even more division in the league, all just to appease losers like United who have completely fallen off and can't hack it.

Think I saw on an earlier post that the process for deciding “good faith” is to judge the players number of social media followers…

What next? FIFA 25 ratings???

“good faith”… is open to interpretation given six clubs tried to destroy the league not too long ago.

Whole story is making the sky six look worse by the day and if I’m honest, bring it on

Chardonnay Smyth, an up an coming 14 year old has just left Man City for Chelsea in a deal thought to be worth £157 million.

Other news is that Man City are interested in the 14 year old Chelsea full back Stopemov for a fee in the region of £157 million.

Apparently nothing to do with PSR, just want to add to their squad for the upcoming season.

I wonder if we are doing right by the kids swapping them like this, I hope we wanted him and I hope he can contribute(Tim) and not just an exercise for getting around rules.

Honestly, so what if clubs are selling young players before the end of the financial year to generate money to stay within the cost control rules. Some have no choice, the alternative is seasons being destroyed by never ending investigations that result in excessive point deductions. The PL cannot have it both ways, either sort the rules out properly so that it is fair across the board to all teams in the league or just k'off winging about clubs having to take action to avoid their season being destroyed.

Simple innit.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back