The bending of PSR rules

Ornstein tweeting we still need a sale before the 30th June. I’m not sure I can see that with the moves we’ve made so far. Nice to keep the clicks going though over Branthwaite

Just refer to Rhian Brewster as a case study.

4 appearances for Liverpool (1 charity shield, 1 FA cup and 2 league cups) and 0 goals. Sold for £23.5m in 2020.
Yes but he "a product of an Elite Club's academy" which means they are allowed to value him at 5x too much.

At least that's what the Premier League might argue. 😂

The whole academy player swap thing feels like a loophole in the system. As long as the prices are reasonable and players are genuinely moving for footballing reasons, I don't see why they should intervene.

Storm in a tea cup and media driven.
There will be a tiny number of transfers like these in any season and will have no real impact in any event.
After next Sunday they will finish for another twelve months.
The PL would be on very thin ice if they are now trying to decide on what is a genuine transfer.

If Dobbin and Tim both get a handful of starts and some sub appearances, provided they aren’t injured, both could be sold for a small profit next summer. Can’t stop a company selling its assets for perfectly sensible amounts.

If we’d claimed they were both worth £200m each then it would be weird. It would also be suicidal as that amortisation and eventual sale for a massive loss would crater both clubs, hence its self policing.

These stories are just lobbed out without any actual thought as to whether they make any sense. And they don’t.

Media perfectly happy for PSR to force teams to sell players too cheap in order to comply. Scummy behaviour all round.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back