The bending of PSR rules

I think we do mate.

Reckon we need £20m+ odd sales - Dobbin has helped. Maybe a Lukjanciks, or Tyrer sale.

We had a few other academy sales lined up to go - maybe some clubs have been a bit spooked/had a warning from the Prem.

Maybe we sell Maupay/Godfrey? Roma...?

Who knows, but I think we see a sale before this window. We don't sign Ndiaye before 30th June unless there's a sale.

The feeling that we need a decent sale, or a few academy sales is based on Everton's PR, and Man Utd's Branthwaite bids.

Probably. The focus was DCL to the barcodes the past few days, focus probably back on Onana now.

Surely if we needed another sale, we wouldnt he quoting £37m for Dom the week before the PSR deadline. We would be taking £20/25m
I can see the Dom to Newcastle still happening. They need PSR relief as much as we do, so unless they have a buyer for Minteh lined up before the weekend, they need to play ball.

It underlines the fact that we need a functioning board as soon as possible.

I'm glad that we appear to have acted in concert with Villa on these deals, and there will have to be more co-operation amongst the so-called "Other 14".

We have to have people of repute and credibility speaking for us, and challenging the cartel where appropriate.

I'm sure we are not going to hear what Friedkin thinks of all of this, but he will surely have to take a view and formulate some form of general position on where things are going. He is also a member of the executive committee of the European Club Association, and he wouldn't have taken that role to sit quietly. I assume it would be his son doing some similar type of lobbying on our behalf.

That job is made so much easier when the people in your corner have the sort of backgrounds that Friedkin has. Obviously, we have to at least try to cultivate a good working relationship with the Premier League, and do all we can to avoid further points deductions. But we must also fight our corner. We don't exist to be dictated to by Daniel Levy & Co.

I don't even perceive our actions as bending psr rules we're abiding by them we're actually being savvy and embracing the flawed system in place its only framed as flaunting the rules because we aren't as vulnerable to the sky elite's whims

I can see the Dom to Newcastle still happening. They need PSR relief as much as we do, so unless they have a buyer for Minteh lined up before the weekend, they need to play ball.
Yeah let’s see if any of these ridiculous sounding offers (40m from Lyon?) actually materialise. If Newcastle and us both need say 25m for PSR and can’t get it elsewhere that one might be revisited.

I don't even perceive our actions as bending psr rules we're abiding by them we're actually being savvy and embracing the flawed system in place its only framed as flaunting the rules because we aren't as vulnerable to the sky elite's whims
Exactly that.
We are finally being smart and finding solutions to our problems. And quite frankly the uproar has been very disrespectful to the the two kids involved in the transfers. Lewis Dobbin has a full championship season under his belt as well as being a regular on the bench for us making 15 (someone fact check) appearances. Tim had a season at QPR (and they loved him) and by all accounts he was liked at Villa.
Yes, without the PSR issues we probably wouldn't have done these deal but the premierleague have caused this farcical situation and clubs are beginning to adapt to it be it selling players for inflated prices to the Saudi's, Owners selling property to them selves or doing mutually beneficial transfers - and lets not insult the integrity of the players. They wouldn't move unless they wanted too. No one is holding a gun to their heads. Dobbin is going to a Champions League club to play for one of the most successful managers in Europe in recent years and Tim will probably double/triple his playing time given our squad depth. These transfers do so much more than balance books, they will benefit the players careers and that should be the headline.

The Arthritic taking client journalism to a new level. If this is what we're up against what must PL meetings be like?

Sorry if posted already.

You can just as easily make the case that being forced to prove themselves in a fresh, challenging environment could be better for a young lad like Dobbin’s development than just knocking about the same familiar environment he’s been at since he was a child.