Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The bending of PSR rules

It suits the clubs at the top, and the Premier League.

We're not 'winning' by having to resort to signing players we probably don't want, or selling players we probably want to keep.

The narrative we're seeing all over the media is purely being driven by the likes of Man United. Plus a few others. Clear as day

As it erodes their ability to try and get players on the cheap

Tedious modern day footy stuff, the richest clubs trying to keep the rest in their places and throwing their toys out the pram in the media when they have the audacity to circumvent the nonsense rules.

Despite Dobbin we apparently still need another sale to not fall foul, and we’ve had a negative net spend the past 3 years. Moshiri has ran us horrendously but these rules are beyond a farce.

If the PL tries to do us for this Dobbin sale, then I hope the new owners are prepared to lawyer up, because at that point it needs to go to a higher level

Others have pointed out plenty of other examples of younger players getting sold and the PL not caring

But Villa and Everton do it to avoid unfair fines/points deductions due to a system that isn't fit for purpose, and all of a sudden it's a big issue

A clear double standard that any decent lawyer could roast the PL on, so I hope we consider that as an option if they start getting uppity over it

Nothing will come of this, nothing can come of this. Clubs can sell players to whoever they want at whatever price is deemed suitable by both clubs, no exterior company can come in and force strict pricing, its impossible to accurately price a player with any metric whatsoever.

The narrative we're seeing all over the media is purely being driven by the likes of Man United. Plus a few others. Clear as day

As it erodes their ability to try and get players on the cheap
Interesting article on the BBC website:

Puts the case for both sides of the argument, but as it says, the £105million is seen as a restrictive practise to shield the 'Sky 6' from any other team breaking their hegemony. Well, suck up your tears, Sky 6, - the transfers between us and Villa were perfectly valid, legal, and within the rules.

And we should tell ManUre to take a hike back down the East Lancs Road...

I reckon everyone below the Sly 6 should completely ignore the PSR rules and do as they wish, take the points deduction’s which will apply to most of the league and therefore still have a level playing field when it comes to relegation issues. The PL can then appoint 2,000 legal and finance guys and tie up the independent commissions while going broke through court challenges. If stupidity is the new name of the game then let’s make it really stupid……., 😆

Ornstein tweeting we still need a sale before the 30th June. I’m not sure I can see that with the moves we’ve made so far. Nice to keep the clicks going though over Branthwaite

I think we do mate.

Reckon we need £20m+ odd sales - Dobbin has helped. Maybe a Lukjanciks, or Tyrer sale.

We had a few other academy sales lined up to go - maybe some clubs have been a bit spooked/had a warning from the Prem.

Maybe we sell Maupay/Godfrey? Roma...?

Who knows, but I think we see a sale before this window. We don't sign Ndiaye before 30th June unless there's a sale.

The feeling that we need a decent sale, or a few academy sales is based on Everton's PR, and Man Utd's Branthwaite bids.

I think we do mate.

Reckon we need £20m+ odd sales - Dobbin has helped. Maybe a Lukjanciks, or Tyrer sale.

We had a few other academy sales lined up to go - maybe some clubs have been a bit spooked/had a warning from the Prem.

Maybe we sell Maupay/Godfrey? Roma...?

Who knows, but I think we see a sale before this window. We don't sign Ndiaye before 30th June unless there's a sale.

The feeling that we need a decent sale, or a few academy sales is based on Everton's PR, and Man Utd's Branthwaite bids.

There's no way just Dobbin covers us IMO.

I wish we knew the exact figure we supposedly need,as its been reported to be anywhere from 3million to 38million over the weeks. Just imagine if we sell a low down player like dobbin thinking we were safe for PSR, only to find out in december when we do accounts etc that we were still over.

It's not just that, if we did need a big sale fast, unless stuff has been going on BCD, we may fail again

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back