The bending of PSR rules

Not only that…but I’m sure they’ve bugged my house
Send them this...
dear-premier-league.gif

Any club will simply argue that they are player trading.
The PSR deadline creates a secondary market. If our only way of buying players is to do deals with clubs who are also in this market then it's fine.

We have to participate in that market as the conditions of it befit our current ability to do deals.

Its honestly so pathetic and will be tomorrow's chip paper soon enough.

In a multi billion pound industry we are going to see an explosion of social media accounts creating "narratives" that seem honest questioning club actions, where the aims from the "posters" are that outcomes can be swayed. It's an unbelievably cheap real time strategy.
The simplest example for our club is the Esks contrived story telling over the past 18 months on our clubs situation, playing the role of fan advising fans on what's best for our club, but having a personal agenda that he thought he could gain leverage towards by posting his angle regularly, and hoping that the average Everton fan would fall for.
What we are seeing in the current transfer market is a successful business leader in the form of Radcliffe coming in and using negotiating tactics where he tries to find his angle, be it the whole psr smokescreen, to try and take competitive advantage of us (smaller business).
I hate City, hate them and the red cartel pushing for rule changes to push their dominance (5 subs), but at the same time I wish we had the same nous behind the scenes and the backbone to tell the PL to GTF.

Everyone is really worried about us and Villa, they’re looking out for us aren’t they

They want Newcastle to be sustainable and stuff

It's funny there was not this much fuss, when Chelsea sold two of their own hotels to themselves, to avoid a psr points reduction, can't wait for the Government to take over from the corrupt pieces of crap and look after 20 teams and not just 6.

I don't see the bending this is what PSR forces clubs to do, sell their prospects for reasonable fees we did it last summer too. That we are doing deals with clubs also facing issues on each others yoong players doesn't matter. Also Liverpool and City have been over inflating sales of their young players for years to a much bigger extent and Chelsea are literally selling hotels to themselves, but that's all ok. PSR needs binning, it's anti competitive and a way of keeping the top six in place.

This is at market value therefore there is no bending at all.
Have to admit that I find it quite amusing all the United fans up in arms about the Tim I transfer for 9m when we brought James Garner from them (with a grand total of 9mins EPL experience) for the same amount with addons up to 15million.

The only complaint I saw then was that the fee was too low!

Have to admit that I find it quite amusing all the United fans up in arms about the Tim I transfer for 9m when we brought James Garner from them (with a grand total of 9mins EPL experience) for the same amount with addons up to 15million.

The only complaint I saw then was that the fee was too low!
The Big Hyposix...I'm not surprised by any of their antics; I hope we stuff them twice this season.

This from a Telegraph article today:

The Premier League will look at all transfers for fair value with some clubs believing that sales of young players between certain clubs in the last few days of the current financial year could principally be driven to generate profits to comply with cost control rules.

The bit in bold beggars belief. Of course the sales are to comply with the PSR rules, if there weren't any we would not need to sell fringe and youth players (and occasionally star players). The rules are you must generate enough revenue to balance your costs (-105m/3), the only way the 14 can make a material difference to their revenue is player trading; ergo clubs are trading players close to the deadline to meet the rules.

And yet somehow the PL want to 'investigate' this??? Basically it is saying they don't want clubs to be able to meet the rules.

I think the key is in who the 'some clubs' and 'certain clubs' happen to be in the quote above.

In a multi billion pound industry we are going to see an explosion of social media accounts creating "narratives" that seem honest questioning club actions, where the aims from the "posters" are that outcomes can be swayed. It's an unbelievably cheap real time strategy.
The simplest example for our club is the Esks contrived story telling over the past 18 months on our clubs situation, playing the role of fan advising fans on what's best for our club, but having a personal agenda that he thought he could gain leverage towards by posting his angle regularly, and hoping that the average Everton fan would fall for.
What we are seeing in the current transfer market is a successful business leader in the form of Radcliffe coming in and using negotiating tactics where he tries to find his angle, be it the whole psr smokescreen, to try and take competitive advantage of us (smaller business).
I hate City, hate them and the red cartel pushing for rule changes to push their dominance (5 subs), but at the same time I wish we had the same nous behind the scenes and the backbone to tell the PL to GTF.

How the hell have you managed to try and tie Esk to this story?

That takes some doing. Jesus wept

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back