• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The Champions League Final - Spurs v The Other Lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Because a lot of people who follow the sport have convinced themselves that "major trophies" are all of equal importance. The reality is that there are 3 major trophies for English clubs to win and they are the League Title, the CL (European Cup) and the FA Cup. And clearly the FA Cup is not comparable to a title.

The word success is used to have clubs like Tottenham seem more important than what theyve actually been in their history. Technically are more successful if all honours were equal but quite clearly they're not.

Villa are the closest to us for important honours with their 7 titles and European Cup. Followed by Chelsea.

Our past success is becoming less relevant as the years go by though. A shame that the club has gone through this spell. Even a League Cup would do as we arent winning a top trophy any time soon, if ever again.

We will... Just a case of when

In 1999 United won the treble. City were in the third tier. Imagine what that was like for their fans. Now look at city.

I understand this is one of the very last straws to grasp at here but it's what I'm going with

I'll say this again, I don't think I've ever despised a non Liverpool player more than Sissoko. The fact he earns a living in football, much less a massively lucrative one, is such bullshit.

Doing shrewd business is everything.

They bought Coutinho for 10m and sold him for about 140m, using the massive profit to buy the top class GK and central defender they desperately needed. That's the difference from last season and it's why they are challenging for the PL and won the CL. Karius would have let one of those Spurs chances in and VVD was MOM as he marshalled their defence. They also made a massive profit on Suarez when they sold him.

It's not rocket science. Hopefully the Everton board will take note but I wouldn't bet on it.

So they spent 68m on Salah and Mane
We spent 69m on Sigs and Schneids.

That is why we'll always be nothing compared to them, and why there will be no blues left in the city by circa 2040. Business.

30 years of mis-management will not be fixed in 5 by Brands - even if he is the DoF equivalent of Perry Mason.
Are you OK pal ? I know nights like tonight can be difficult for us Blues but come on now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back