• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The Champions League Final - Spurs v The Other Lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t watch one second of the match...I knew Spurs would bottle it. So bet my entire bookie account on the RS ...easy money at $1.48
I didn’t watch any of it either (bar a snippet at injury time to see what the score was), and I certainly would never bet on them.

We are Espanyol to their Barcelona. They are a global brand (hate that term), they have global support, they will always be among the big boys. I can’t ever remember a time when we were competitors with them (not talking about derby games, in general). Even in the derby it’s nearly a decade since we beat them.

Accepting all this makes it much easier to avoid get annoyed at their success. I spent two hours on a bike during the game riding through beautiful countryside without giving them a thought.

I didn’t watch any of it either (bar a snippet at injury time to see what the score was), and I certainly would never bet on them.

We are Espanyol to their Barcelona. They are a global brand (hate that term), they have global support, they will always be among the big boys. I can’t ever remember a time when we were competitors with them (not talking about derby games, in general). Even in the derby it’s nearly a decade since we beat them.

Accepting all this makes it much easier to avoid get annoyed at their success. I spent two hours on a bike during the game riding through beautiful countryside without giving them a thought.

Ya lost the league at goodison park

The worst part I think is how good their owners are at monetizing and mythologizing their teams’ achievements. They already play the entire British sports media like a fiddle... but when the Red Sox won the World Series in 2004, when those guys were done you would have thought they had also written the Constitution, rid the world of the Nazis, landed on the moon, and cured cancer. Going to be more of the same here.

The worst part I think is how good their owners are at monetizing and mythologizing their teams’ achievements. They already play the entire British sports media like a fiddle... but when the Red Sox won the World Series in 2004, when those guys were done you would have thought they had also written the Constitution, rid the world of the Nazis, landed on the moon, and cured cancer. Going to be more of the same here.

Yea the ownership group makes them even worse. Does that same ownership group own the Bruins too?

They have just won the Champions League, and you are on here posting that? Smh

I had a perfectly enjoyable evening not obsessing over them, not watching a solitary minute (bar the very very end for the score). Life is too short to obsess over their success.

He's saying that because you don't really come across as a blue. What's sports without rivalries? And on top of rivalries they're a pretty crappy team to support.

The fanbase, the history is all crap. I don't think watching the game and rooting for Tottenham to win is obsessing over their success.

I think saying you took a bike ride to avoid the game suggests some weird stuff going on in your head. Or just a kopite trollin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back