The Everton Board Thread

We have a board in exile.

Sacking the board formally wont happen until there's a takeover.

At best those protests are wasted energy, at worst it's destabilising. You know the manager believes it to be a distraction and has requested it be "parked".
If the noise about them abates this lot will reapppear and take their seats again as if nothing has happened. There is no doubt about that and it would be the worst possible distraction for the players and fans in our efforts to avoid relegation.

The way things are being organised now (pre-game rallies instead of protests inside GP during the game) is the perfect way to keep the pressure on the board while still offering maximum support to the team. Undoubtedly Dyche was referring to events inside GP when he asked for them to be parked.

It certainly isn't wasted energy. This can't just be a temporary measure which would be seen at the end of the season as fans letting off a bit of steam due to poor results.

We have to see it through this time.

The fact Davek is, bizarrely, defending Kenwright should tell you exactly how horrible Kenwright has been for the club.
Honestly a completely insane thing for anyone who has been reading this forum for ten plus years to see. I can’t wait till we get Moyes back and Dave relentlessly defends him. “This time he’s bringing a much bigger knife to the gunfight so we’ll be alright.”

What a waste of time all those years were to end up here.

Anyway. Sack the board. Support the team. Not complicated. The manager can help by winning games. He needs to coordinate a functional attacking team not coordinate the fans activities before and after the game. I have yet to see a protest that reached anywhere near what these utter parasites deserve.

Let me get this straight. Bill Kenwright has got a degenerative disease which has left him mentally incapacitated, and that’s possibly a good thing in the fight to drive him out?

Like I said, there’s some real nasty stuff being written here. There’s no need.

Why is he refusing to budge if his cognitive state isn’t that befitting the chairman of a premier league club

No mate. Not for me.

Kenwright and his cohort didn't make the key decisions that led us to this crisis. Moshiri made all them. Managerial and DoF hiring's and firings are all on him.
Respectfully disagree. I don’t buy that FM/AU just go rogue with the main decisions without being subject to a balances and checks process. (if BK has made this a contactual arrangement in order to stay on as some have speculated - he would have also included contractual arrangements re exec power)

The Board should be there to balance FM’s worst impulses (which you would think is enshrined in any contractual terms)…does FM make decisions on a ‘whim’? Yes - I would think on minor ones. Does he make ALL decisions the same way? No - BUT if I were a board member AND a genuine supporter I resign IF he is doing things that aren’t in the best interests of the club. Or if it is a contractual arrangement, then he would be in breach of it and that has its own remedy.

A circuitous way of stating it, but the bottom line is this,….failure to take the appropriate action (whatever actions that may be) means you are lumped in with FM when it comes to allegations of bad decisions. That is the price you pay as a board member - you are accountable for decisions that got us into this mess.

Respectfully disagree. I don’t buy that FM/AU just go rogue with the main decisions without being subject to a balances and checks process. (if BK has made this a contactual arrangement in order to stay on as some have speculated - he would have also included contractual arrangements re exec power)

The Board should be there to balance FM’s worst impulses (which you would think is enshrined in any contractual terms)…does FM make decisions on a ‘whim’? Yes - I would think on minor ones. Does he make ALL decisions the same way? No - BUT if I were a board member AND a genuine supporter I resign IF he is doing things that aren’t in the best interests of the club. Or if it is a contractual arrangement, then he would be in breach of it and that has its own remedy.

A circuitous way of stating it, but the bottom line is this,….failure to take the appropriate action (whatever actions that may be) means you are lumped in with FM when it comes to allegations of bad decisions. That is the price you pay as a board member - you are accountable for decisions that got us into this mess.
Checks and balances? Contractual arrangements?

It's simply a case of he who pays the piper calls the tune.

Kenwright and his board were there to rubber stamp decisions made on managers by Moshiri. We all know it was Moshiri who wanted Koeman, Allardyce, Silva, Ancelotti. We all know he wanted Benitez in. I'd say only Lampard and Dyche have been hired by the DoF and board and that was only because Moshiri became so disgruntled with the situation.

The fact Davek is, bizarrely, defending Kenwright should tell you exactly how horrible Kenwright has been for the club.
I have always wanted him out of the club. Consistently and over a long period of time when many of his current detractors were kissing his arse. And now he IS out of the club. So do I support a protest that wants his formal dismissal from an owner who wont do that? No.

Kenwright and his board are zombies. But the only way they are dismissed is by the new owners/investors coming in and appointing their own people - hopefully in the summer if we stay up.

Checks and balances? Contractual arrangements?

It's simply a case of he who pays the piper calls the tune.

Kenwright and his board were there to rubber stamp decisions made on managers by Moshiri. We all know it was Moshiri who wanted Koeman, Allardyce, Silva, Ancelotti. We all know he wanted Benitez in. I'd say only Lampard and Dyche have been hired by the DoF and board and that was only because Moshiri became so disgruntled with the situation.

Thst is not what has or is happening though

I know why and it'll eventually come out. When Moshiri finally removes Bill Kenwright (likely in the summer)

It's been the case for about five years since Lukaku left.
All the moaning we do about not replacing Lukaku.
We did t even bother replacing Rondon. (who btw is far better equipped than Simms right now)
One possible answer to this problem is for Dave Kelly - Chair of the EFCSA - to petition Farhad Moshiri to join the Shareholders Association.

It absolutely beggars belief that neither Kenwright and now Moshiri have ever been members, or even invited to become members of the SA.

Furthermore and to my mind, buying/owning a share in Everton should entail automatic membership of the SA - in that way there could be no removal of AGM/EGMs
It blows my mind that we have a load of shareholders who are not members of the SA. They've even waived the paltry 20 quid membership subs!

No excuse.
@davek

Bill Kenwright: "Denise Barrett-Baxendale is the best in the business, that is unquestionable"

CHRIST ?‍♂️
It's actually quite funny when you read it.

He's such a serial liar he probably believed it himself as the words came tumbling out of his lips.