The fan negativity isn't helping anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
The players must absolutely hate playing for us, and it shows. Why would you be arsed to put in a shift when you have people behind you booing, shouting racist remarks, throwing bottles at ex players and shouting about their kids? Disgusting behaviour.

players aren’t robots, the negativity obviously effects them like it would do to anyone.

The players must absolutely hate playing for us, and it shows. Why would you be arsed to put in a shift when you have people behind you booing, shouting racist remarks, throwing bottles at ex players and shouting about their kids? Disgusting behaviour.

players aren’t robots, the negativity obviously effects them like it would do to anyone.
Oh shut up you weren't there I guess

Ask yourself why James wanted out last season, why Lucas hasnt been bothered for 12 months, our fan base is the 12th man for the team we play, even Duncan couldn't get them up for today.

Ask yourself why James wanted out last season, why Lucas hasnt been bothered for 12 months, our fan base is the 12th man for the team we play, even Duncan couldn't get them up for today.

I'd go as far to say that he did, and there was actually a good positive, or at the very least, semi positive atmosphere in the build up to today's game.

But that quickly made way for the thunderous boos as Villa crossed the pitch, which you just know made it all the sweeter for Gerrard and others involved. Everything we had worked on and fostered in the short time since we sacked Benitez, gone in an instant. And it continued throughout. It wasn't a defiant rallying cry, it was the twisted vitriol of people who don't even know what they are upset about any more. The booing of Digne every time he approached the ball in the 1st half was equally embarrassing and confusing, as it was he who essentially put the final nail in Benitez metaphorical coffin.

And ultimately, they had the last laugh, as so many do against Everton.

That negativity is the poison that has spread through this club from head to toe for more than an entire generation now, and I genuinely can't see a way of fixing it. I hate that they call us bitter, and in doing so, dismiss any and all of the genuine reasons and occurrences that have caused the bitterness to rise. I hate it as the condescending generalisation that it is, spouted by the most arrogant, spoilt and privileged set of hate filled, oblivious, deluded bullies that they seemingly aspire to be.

But we are bitter, without a doubt, and it's killing us.

We always want and expect more, regardless of whether we have earnt it. We are never happy with anything and constantly looking at what others have with envy. Collectively, we are an extremely bipolar fanbase, one minute extolling the virtues of "the best such and such" in the league, or Europe or even the world, and then quick as a flash, accusing some of the same people of then being "the worst". In most cases, neither are true, but the hyperbole around certain players, does absolutely nothing for them, 1 way or the other.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Who knew Yoda was talking about Everton.

Last edited:
I can understand everyone being frustrated, but I’m not really sure what booing and abusing your own players achieves.

In the 1980s Howard Kendall said our fans were like a 12th man with their constant cheerful and vociferous support. He said that we fans were one of the reasons we went from looking like relegation candidates to winning the league. And there’s that famous quote about us sucking the ball over the line against Bayern Munich with our positivity.

All this negativity does affect the players, without a doubt. I remember when Martinez was manager I saw the confidence literally drain from John Stones after he’d received another load of abuse from some of our so-called supporters.

Maybe if they tried a bit instead of just showing up to pick up a paycheck?

If there's one positive outcome to the piss poor few years we've had to endure it's significant change to how this club is run.
Yep, however I'm not convinced the review will find anything hugely wrong with how things are done.

A business worth hundreds of millions of pounds, chaired by a fella that probably pisses the bed at night, and led in the corporate sense by somebody who grew a (very successful) charity.

Moshiri, for all his financial commitments has dropped the ball by not installing professional business people in senior roles and trusting them to protect and grow his investment.

To top it all off, another defeat yesterday didn't even register. It really doesn't matter. We're in a death spiral and need the urgent attention of people far smarter than who we currently have.

Had we won (or even snatched a late draw) the club would have milked it all week and the happy clappers would be clamouring for Duncan until seasons end whilst looking at Kenwright with tears streaming down their cheeks.

Evertonians - We have the club we deserve.

Maybe if they tried a bit instead of just showing up to pick up a paycheck?
Chicken before the egg. Can you honestly tell me if you was at your work place and people around you was talking about how [Poor language removed] you are, talking about your race, your kids Etc you would do the best job you could do? As if. Thats why I think we are going to go down

a team fighting for relegation needs fun support, we will be against our own team. Our players are not built for the fight, and neither are the fans. We are making the situation worse.

Aeroplanes, bottles, general negativity - the fans will end up taking the club down

Can the forum leaders take a lead in injecting some positivity please?

The players will need as much confidence and support as they can get to beat the drop....
How is the fans fault that the club has spent 600 million and constantly bought the wrong players and hired the wrong managers and despite that we sold out Goodison Park every week and every away end.
We won nothing in 27 years and been to 1 final… yeah it’s the fans fault obviously

How is the fans fault that the club has spent 600 million and constantly bought the wrong players and hired the wrong managers and despite that we sold out Goodison Park every week and every away end.
We won nothing in 27 years and been to 1 final… yeah it’s the fans fault obviously
So you believe fans don’t play a part in a football match then?

we could have probably had Moyes back and been where westham are if it wasn’t for the fans. Our fans are deluded and it has a negative effect for the mast 27 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.