THE GYM THREAD

Do you work out mate?

• Total voters
Had a great back session today. The pre workout I’ve been having seems a bit hit and miss with me so I upped my dose to 1.5 scoops. I definitely noticed it today.

The music I put on was spot on helped me get in to the zone the rest followed nicely. I managed to increase my weight on a couple of exercises, too.

I do seem to be retaining fat more than 2-3 years ago, though. I might finally have to mix in a bit of cardio in to my sessions. I’ve held out for so, so long. It will be a sad day.

Had a great back session today. The pre workout I’ve been having seems a bit hit and miss with me so I upped my dose to 1.5 scoops. I definitely noticed it today.

The music I put on was spot on helped me get in to the zone the rest followed nicely. I managed to increase my weight on a couple of exercises, too.

I do seem to be retaining fat more than 2-3 years ago, though. I might finally have to mix in a bit of cardio in to my sessions. I’ve held out for so, so long. It will be a sad day.

What pre workout did you have and what was your back routine?

It’s the caffeine pre workout from Bulk.com. Watermelon flavour. It’s not bad tasting for what it is.

I did pull ups, lat pull-down, seated row, dumbbell bent over row, dumbbell rear delts, hammer curls, and forearm preacher curls. I forgot I did a bit of arms too.

Do you aim for around 20 working sets per muscle group? Do you do your rear delts at a 45 degree angle?

What's your favourite gym equipment brand?

Welcome to middle age. Your body can’t wait to get fat now. Fasting and cardio are your new Gods.

Do you aim for around 20 working sets per muscle group? Do you do your rear delts at a 45 degree angle?

What's your favourite gym equipment brand?
I usually try and do 4 heavier/compound exercises, then I do around 3 sets of isolated exercises. Each exercise is 4 sets with some being super sets and drop sets. As for rear delts I do them sat on the end of a bench kind of hunched over. I guess it’s sort of 45°.

I’ve never thought about it to be honest. My current gym has Matrix which seems good.

Get on the treadmill fatty

I usually try and do 4 heavier/compound exercises, then I do around 3 sets of isolated exercises. Each exercise is 4 sets with some being super sets and drop sets. As for rear delts I do them sat on the end of a bench kind of hunched over. I guess it’s sort of 45°.

I’ve never thought about it to be honest. My current gym has Matrix which seems good.

Yes I know what you mean in regards to rear delts. You could also set up a bench at 45° and laying on your front bring the dumbells to the side. Another good exercise for rear delts is to sit on a bench facing the upper cable pulley and bringing a bar towards your chest until your arms are in line with your shoulder. It hits the rear delts, any further would bring your trapezius and rhomboids in.

Yes I know Matrix. I'm a big fan of Hammer Strength and Prime. Pannatta is OK too.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back