THE GYM THREAD

Do you work out mate?

• Total voters
Just had a delivery of 3 slightly too tight gym tops. One is way too tight so that’s going back, but the others I can definitely get away with.

What’s people’s opinions on gym gear? Is fitted stuff cringe or sound?
Should be loose enough to allow free movement but not so loose that it hangs on you like a burlap sack. Conversely, not so tight that it looks like sausage casing (especially if you're a couple of stone overweight).

Got a bit of groin trouble on the go - like a sports hernia, feeling it way down in ma plums. Anyone trained with this sort of issue? Think I need to rack the weights for a bit and just work bodyweight stuff to rehab it. Big intraabdominal pressure prob not what the doctor ordered.

Should be loose enough to allow free movement but not so loose that it hangs on you like a burlap sack. Conversely, not so tight that it looks like sausage casing (especially if you're a couple of stone overweight).
Yeah agreed. I like tops to be quite fitted on the shoulders and biceps, but regular everywhere else. I’m a simple man, so when I can see my muscles growing mid session it gives me more motivation.

Just had a delivery of 3 slightly too tight gym tops. One is way too tight so that’s going back, but the others I can definitely get away with.

What’s people’s opinions on gym gear? Is fitted stuff cringe or sound?
Baggy hoodie till I have a sufficient pump then unveil the masterpiece in a barely there stringer for all to marvel at. Or that's how it goes in my head...

Got a bit of groin trouble on the go - like a sports hernia, feeling it way down in ma plums. Anyone trained with this sort of issue? Think I need to rack the weights for a bit and just work bodyweight stuff to rehab it. Big intraabdominal pressure prob not what the doctor ordered.
Rest is always the answer but no one wants to hear it! I get a dull pain in the plumbs when I'm having lower back trouble so know it's time to back off a bit on the compounds.

Did a long shoulder and triceps session yesterday with 9 exercises in total, some of which being drop sets. I find front and lateral raises perfect for finishing off at the end of a session.

Also bought some PhD diet whey and it’s damn good.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back