THE GYM THREAD

Do you work out mate?

• Total voters
Had a great back and arms session today. @PrekisCrossBarlow! I’ve started doing more on my forearms as per your advice.

My hands are wrecked after today, though. I would have ripped your arm off for a pair of them Nancy boy gloves.

View attachment 206241
Textbook stuff, and the forearm work will pay off as you go up through the weights in the rows too. Grip will never be the failure.
Hitting my back tomoz and I reckon the 3 points today will add a couple of kilo’s to my rows at least, UTFT!!! 😊

Set myself up for the weekend with a back and bi's blitz this morning. If only that pump could last longer than half an hour..
I feel like I'm always chasing the pump. At the end of a big session it's great to see the results of your hard work and it keeps me coming back for more.

I love it and hate it in equal measures.

^^^
Those lifting straps are good. I trained back tonight and I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly I got used to them, having never used them before. I was able to do more reps on lat pulldown and seated row and my hands aren’t falling apart.

Only downside is it slows my drop sets down a bit, but it’s a minor complaint really.

Swear by my three scrambled eggs every morning for a baseline. Started that in 2014 and within weeks new people I met kept saying they thought I was a rugby player. Anyway, I got 'Old Man Swears At Cloud' stuff to get off my chest:

* How come everyone in the gym these days spends five mins looking at their phone between sets?
* How come 50% of people move their bench to within two feet of the dumbell rack for their workout so you almost kill yourself getting the 42.5's. And even after you've almost killed yourself they still don't move back?
* How come in your 40's you only spend two weeks of each year niggle free, and the other 50 weeks you're tip toeing through about five different niggles, even though you warm up for 20 minutes before lifting a single weight and start with the 12.5's just to give your tendons some warning!
How come you still walk home from the gym an entirely different person to the one who walked there an hour ago, even despite all of the above. It's magic.
Does the 3 eggs a day thing work?

My Protein are a bit of a joke these days it seems. They have a big sale every week, and now just had an email through about a 70% off sale. Makes a mockery of their inflated prices.

giphy.gif

Not sure where else to put this, but this is part of the new swimming facility at University of Missouri (a public institution). The level funding for recreational/fitness stuff has gone off the charts, meanwhile funding for faculty and especially for student mental health has declined (per capita).

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back