THE GYM THREAD

Do you work out mate?

• Total voters
Never had any issues at the gym to be fair, everybody was nice enough in there, its just wasnt for me.
Ah that's okay.

I lost my cool a little with two lads in the gym the other day. I asked them how long they'd be with their dumbbells and they said 3 sets, before going back to scrolling on their phones for 10 minutes. So disrespectful, and I've no patience for that, so I assertively asked them again and said I didn't have all day. They obliged. It brings out the worst in me that sort of behaviour. I felt like a tit afterwards.

Ah that's okay.

I lost my cool a little with two lads in the gym the other day. I asked them how long they'd be with their dumbbells and they said 3 sets, before going back to scrolling on their phones for 10 minutes. So disrespectful, and I've no patience for that, so I assertively asked them again and said I didn't have all day. They obliged. It brings out the worst in me that sort of behaviour. I felt like a tit afterwards.

It is annoying, that. I can’t go the gym when it’s chocker for that reason. Mine gets a bit busy in the morning when I go, but there’s always enough equipment to get everything done.

Ah that's okay.

Nah you were in the right here - I ain't no strongman or anything but some lad was doing pull ups on a multi pulley (like this cuz sod all the different names like) and was being pissy when he'd do 1 set of a few reps and just walk around warming up for his next (???) for 10 min... "I was using that", like hell you were mate, it's not a table at a restaurant ffs, do your stuff and either go on or just let people use the rest of the actual machine

It is annoying, that. I can’t go the gym when it’s chocker for that reason. Mine gets a bit busy in the morning when I go, but there’s always enough equipment to get everything done.
I've been going in the afternoon recently so this was at about 2/3pm.

The gym I used when I lived in North London was huge, so even at 5/6pm you could get a full workout done relatively efficiently as there was so much choice. The dumbbells section had 20 fully adjustable benches! It had a good balance of meat head to normal people so the atmosphere was good. I hate to sound elitist, but there's too many casuals in the gym now and it definitely brings others down.

Nah you were in the right here - I ain't no strongman or anything but some lad was doing pull ups on a multi pulley (like this cuz sod all the different names like) and was being pissy when he'd do 1 set of a few reps and just walk around warming up for his next (???) for 10 min... "I was using that", like hell you were mate, it's not a table at a restaurant ffs, do your stuff and either go on or just let people use the rest of the actual machine
Yeah it's really poor behaviour and it's only increased in the last few years. I honestly feel like the old school body building gyms could be the best places to train now, but the only one I have near me is pretty tiny and the dumbbells are rickety as heck. I'm fairly sure the gym owner welded some of them himself.

That table at a restaurant analogy is a good one, though. It's very accurate.

Hey, swole sisters 👋

Does anyone have any wise solutions for tennis elbow? Think I’ve been overdoing the old pull downs as I’m like Tricepsratops now, but this stings like a bitch.

KNUjc2P.gif
Oof. That’s looks like it hurt. Apparently this is how most people that die working out manage it… (alone obvs)

Always have safety sidebars, kids ;)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back