THE GYM THREAD

Do you work out mate?

• Total voters
Young lads are the worst thing about gyms in 2023 hands down.

The majority of them have no idea what they’re doing and just stand around, scrolling, chatting loudly, leaving the weights they barely used on the floor. Not only are they wasting their time, but they’re making the gym a worse place for everyone else. If I’d behaved like they do when I first started I would have received a stern telling off.

By contrast the girls of the same age work a lot harder and have much better etiquette. No issues with them whatsoever.

To make it worse they’re always staring at the guys who have a bit of muscle. Like stop staring noodle arms and lift some weights ffs lol I’m not one for body shaming at all but their presence makes zero sense and it’s so frustrating, and not to mention dangerous. I’m just counting down the 35 or so days until my membership at the country club starts.

That's the most annoying thing in the world. Some lad hogging the cables or a bench sat scrolling on his phone for 5-10 mins in between every set. Should be a timer that counts them down and then they get booted off it.

Side note, I'm finding a lot more progress since switching to push-pull-legs workout. Back was neglected for glamour muscles for too long.

The last bit is why I started going mad on the smoothies. Granted, mine was for bulking purposes, but you can see exactly what you’re putting in etc.

Have you got a nutri bullet style blender or anything similar?

Yeah, I've got one of them. I've found eggs and loads of meat help hit the macros, but it's not great for the diet as your ring piece ends up in tatters squeezing out pure protein logs.

Get those bags of prepped veg and just eat a bag of that. Trust me, you won't be hungry.
I like to stir a bit of sauce through it for flavour, to mix it up a bit, like pesto or a sweet chilli sauce. Not much sauce, just enough to coat it.
Up your water intake massively as well. Drinking 2 litres, make it 4. You will be too busy going to the toilet to worry about earing.
When you cut, you are losing the water you natural get from food, a lot of time when you think you are hungry, it is actually thirst.

Nice one, mate. Appreciate it.

Young lads are the worst thing about gyms in 2023 hands down.

The majority of them have no idea what they’re doing and just stand around, scrolling, chatting loudly, leaving the weights they barely used on the floor. Not only are they wasting their time, but they’re making the gym a worse place for everyone else. If I’d behaved like they do when I first started I would have received a stern telling off.

By contrast the girls of the same age work a lot harder and have much better etiquette. No issues with them whatsoever.

To make it worse they’re always staring at the guys who have a bit of muscle. Like stop staring noodle arms and lift some weights ffs lol I’m not one for body shaming at all but their presence makes zero sense and it’s so frustrating, and not to mention dangerous. I’m just counting down the 35 or so days until my membership at the country club starts.
Could you maybe headlock one of them as a warning?

Guys bring commitment and humility to the gym and I guarantee you through a strategic path of well controlled repetitive repetitions of various weights you can gain hard muscle, feel better about yourself, look hot and attract more sex. It’s just science guys.
gym-workout.gif

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back