The L.C.A.B. / THT Transfer Window Thread ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
We won't be signing anyone. Loan or otherwise, in my view. We are absolutely skint. The money from SP will be going to pay for previous transfers and i hear we can't even spend £50 k on anyone never mind £500k on Jennings. Hope i hear wrong!

First post (and I may regret it) but reading on here and other forums you'd think we're being beaten in getting in loans by other teams around or below us and people are up in arms.

Were we genuinely interested in Demba Ba? Would he be an improvement on what we've got? I doubt it. Just because the papers throw our name into the hat whenever a player expresses an interest in coming to the Premier League people think we've been beaten to their signature when they go to another club.

We are skint but I trust Moyes to pull something out of the bag. We can't go through the rest of the season 'with what we've got' and I don't think Moyes will follow this line either.

People are desperate for a new signing but I'd rather we took someone the manager knows will change the team for the better and not just any loan signing. There's not many loan signings we've made (bar a couple) that haven't benefitted the team.

We've lost Pienaar but he was going to leave for free in the summer. He'll be a big miss in his link up with Baines and workrate but we'd have been mad to turn down what we got for him.

I'm genuinely encouraged by the way we try and sign highly rated young players (Dier and possibly Jennings) just so long as they get a chance in the first team.

I'll wait until the last day of the transfer window before getting too depressed and I'll put my faith in the manager to get someone worthy of playing for the club.

Oh well....

P.S. hello.

P.P.S. sack the board

First post (and I may regret it) but reading on here and other forums you'd think we're being beaten in getting in loans by other teams around or below us and people are up in arms.

Were we genuinely interested in Demba Ba? Would he be an improvement on what we've got? I doubt it. Just because the papers throw our name into the hat whenever a player expresses an interest in coming to the Premier League people think we've been beaten to their signature when they go to another club.

We are skint but I trust Moyes to pull something out of the bag. We can't go through the rest of the season 'with what we've got' and I don't think Moyes will follow this line either.

People are desperate for a new signing but I'd rather we took someone the manager knows will change the team for the better and not just any loan signing. There's not many loan signings we've made (bar a couple) that haven't benefitted the team.

We've lost Pienaar but he was going to leave for free in the summer. He'll be a big miss in his link up with Baines and workrate but we'd have been mad to turn down what we got for him.

I'm genuinely encouraged by the way we try and sign highly rated young players (Dier and possibly Jennings) just so long as they get a chance in the first team.

I'll wait until the last day of the transfer window before getting too depressed and I'll put my faith in the manager to get someone worthy of playing for the club.

Oh well....

P.S. hello.

P.P.S. sack the board

Good first post mate, and a bit of perspective.

Welcome.

Oh well....

P.S. hello.

P.P.S. sack the board

welcome mate,
good 1st post,
i to believe moyes will pull something outa bag...

Thanks for the 'welcomes'. I was expecting more swearing in response to my post (you can't win 'em all I suppose).

I have read this thread morning and night without ever posting, but I now have a sneaking suspicion that Moyes is holding out for wholesale changes in the summer. Having previously stated that any incomings will not be permanent, could it be that he is building his warchest (snicker), and not paying overinflated prices now??

The dough (albeit minimal) from SP sale, Yaks wages and loan fee (??sale in summer), potential $ for Yobo, Heitinga, JV and, dare I say it Rodwell (in the summer) would all contribute to a fair sum.

Now, the question is would everyone be happy if Moyes went out and paid $25m on the next Hazard/Dzecko that we have all been crying about? And utilise what we do have ie. Duffy, Gueye, Bily to supplement.

Now I agree with everyone's sentiments that we should not have to do this, I mean look at everyone else brining in players on permanent deals, BUT, this is Everton's situation, and we need to deal with it.

Let's be hoest, Moyes does not have the money to bring in players of the quality that we all want, players who will have an impact on the first team, so could it be that he will bring in a couple of loans to see us through, and actually use Bily, Magaye and others for the rest of this season and go all out in the summer?

Congrats to THT, and huge plaudits to the dynamic duo LCAB and THT, thanks fellas!!

Can only speak for myself, I'd agree & I'm not bothered about missing out on anyone in particular. What I am bothered about is selling one of our better players and not making the money available for the manager, either now or in the summer. If this money is to repay a loan then it begs all sorts of questions about what would have happened if Pienaar decided to stay, or was that really an option at all. I'm all for being positive but not for the sake of it. There is cause for concern, loan moves, no matter the name can't hide that.

I have read this thread morning and night without ever posting, but I now have a sneaking suspicion that Moyes is holding out for wholesale changes in the summer. Having previously stated that any incomings will not be permanent, could it be that he is building his warchest (snicker), and not paying overinflated prices now??

The dough (albeit minimal) from SP sale, Yaks wages and loan fee (??sale in summer), potential $ for Yobo, Heitinga, JV and, dare I say it Rodwell (in the summer) would all contribute to a fair sum.

Now, the question is would everyone be happy if Moyes went out and paid $25m on the next Hazard/Dzecko that we have all been crying about? And utilise what we do have ie. Duffy, Gueye, Bily to supplement.

Now I agree with everyone's sentiments that we should not have to do this, I mean look at everyone else brining in players on permanent deals, BUT, this is Everton's situation, and we need to deal with it.

Let's be hoest, Moyes does not have the money to bring in players of the quality that we all want, players who will have an impact on the first team, so could it be that he will bring in a couple of loans to see us through, and actually use Bily, Magaye and others for the rest of this season and go all out in the summer?

Congrats to THT, and huge plaudits to the dynamic duo LCAB and THT, thanks fellas!!

I've had the same suspicion. I think you've hit the nail on the head. Moyes isn't stupid, and knows what little money we have would be best served being used in the summer months when clubs traditionally look to splash the cash. The correct move, in my opinion. Sure it leaves it to chance a little bit, however, if we are lucky, things could fall into place nicely. Yak and Yobo could be gone for around £8mil, whilst Heitinga could fetch around £10mil even this window from a club like Bayern. Free transfers this summer include Matthew Upson, Seb Larsson and David Bentley, all players Moyes could use to his advantage, lets face it, they would all improve the squad (assuming Bentley leaves his attitude behind him at Spurs). If we wished to purchase any of them now we'd pay way over the odds, so DM is playing the sensible game. Not forgetting, Johan Elmander on a free, don't mind if I do.

I've had the same suspicion. I think you've hit the nail on the head. Moyes isn't stupid, and knows what little money we have would be best served being used in the summer months when clubs traditionally look to splash the cash. The correct move, in my opinion. Sure it leaves it to chance a little bit, however, if we are lucky, things could fall into place nicely. Yak and Yobo could be gone for around £8mil, whilst Heitinga could fetch around £10mil even this window from a club like Bayern. Free transfers this summer include Matthew Upson, Seb Larsson and David Bentley, all players Moyes could use to his advantage, lets face it, they would all improve the squad (assuming Bentley leaves his attitude behind him at Spurs). If we wished to purchase any of them now we'd pay way over the odds, so DM is playing the sensible game. Not forgetting, Johan Elmander on a free, don't mind if I do.

Hey, great if that's the case, but brave for a manager just 5 points off relegation. I hope you're right, in fact I'd be happy to hear that from him or the club, but it's very quiet. As a thought it's something to hold onto, either way I think I'd prefer to hear the truth. Then the sale of the club would be a step closer. Then that could be the bright side.

The problem with holding out until the summer is that you have a decimated squad left. We have multiple holes in the squad right now - multiple, and he needs money to close those holes. 1 big buy isn't going to muster. What makes me nervous is the lack of depth in some positions too.

Example: heaven forbid Seamus is injured. Then what?

I see what you're saying, but at some point the band-aid technique has to stop and 1) more effort needs to be placed into finding an investor or 2) more effort needs to be placed in finding other revenue generating tactics for the club.

I believe this aswell, but doesnt help us now !!! A squad overhaul is needed sometime soon, and Moyes admits he doesnt like doing it January.

Oh well....

P.S. hello.

P.P.S. sack the board

Hello , mate ...

AMEN , Lid !!!

POST .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back