The L.C.A.B. / THT Transfer Window Thread ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with holding out until the summer is that you have a decimated squad left. We have multiple holes in the squad right now - multiple, and he needs money to close those holes. 1 big buy isn't going to muster. What makes me nervous is the lack of depth in some positions too.

Example: heaven forbid Seamus is injured. Then what?

I see what you're saying, but at some point the band-aid technique has to stop and 1) more effort needs to be placed into finding an investor or 2) more effort needs to be placed in finding other revenue generating tactics for the club.

I had a 1 hour conversation last night , where names , even I was unaware of - prev' targets were mentioned ; RIQUELME !!!- it was NEARLY done ; Dabs eyes ....

I finished the talk WITH EXACTLY , ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ view , tbh , Cali' ...

[/B]

I had a 1 hour conversation last night , where names , even I was unaware of - prev' targets were mentioned ; RIQUELME !!!- it was NEARLY done ; Dabs eyes ....

I finished the talk WITH EXACTLY , ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ view , tbh , Cali' ...

if only that should be are motto under bill, what would that be in latin bally.would love to see us getting a player or two that make you sit up ,but im just about giving up with it right now

Last edited:
Can only speak for myself, I'd agree & I'm not bothered about missing out on anyone in particular. What I am bothered about is selling one of our better players and not making the money available for the manager, either now or in the summer. If this money is to repay a loan then it begs all sorts of questions about what would have happened if Pienaar decided to stay, or was that really an option at all. I'm all for being positive but not for the sake of it. There is cause for concern, loan moves, no matter the name can't hide that.

See ??? I KINDA agree , but TO ME ; We play Chelsea sat . It IS OUR WHOLE SEASON .

I , ME , personally , said the Peanut deal was MEGA for Everton , but its ONLY MEGA if we SPEND THE FUKN MONEY !!!

Otherwise , he would've been better on OUR left side than Spurs' , for the next 15 weeks and WOULD'VE PLAYED AT RS .

Anyway , there you are....

I have read this thread morning and night without ever posting, but I now have a sneaking suspicion that Moyes is holding out for wholesale changes in the summer. Having previously stated that any incomings will not be permanent, could it be that he is building his warchest (snicker), and not paying overinflated prices now??

The dough (albeit minimal) from SP sale, Yaks wages and loan fee (??sale in summer), potential $ for Yobo, Heitinga, JV and, dare I say it Rodwell (in the summer) would all contribute to a fair sum.

Now, the question is would everyone be happy if Moyes went out and paid $25m on the next Hazard/Dzecko that we have all been crying about? And utilise what we do have ie. Duffy, Gueye, Bily to supplement.

Now I agree with everyone's sentiments that we should not have to do this, I mean look at everyone else brining in players on permanent deals, BUT, this is Everton's situation, and we need to deal with it.

Let's be hoest, Moyes does not have the money to bring in players of the quality that we all want, players who will have an impact on the first team, so could it be that he will bring in a couple of loans to see us through, and actually use Bily, Magaye and others for the rest of this season and go all out in the summer?

Congrats to THT, and huge plaudits to the dynamic duo LCAB and THT, thanks fellas!!

Can't argue with much of that , kid .

Welcome , lid .

POST , lad .

Im resigned to the fact that we wont be signing anyone this window.
I cant see Moyes signing anyone just for the sake of it and the players he wants either wont want to come or we cant afford their wages or loan fee.
LCAB, I fear, may be waiting in vain for news.

See ??? I KINDA agree , but TO ME ; We play Chelsea sat . It IS OUR WHOLE SEASON .

I , ME , personally , said the Peanut deal was MEGA for Everton , but its ONLY MEGA if we SPEND THE FUKN MONEY !!!

Otherwise , he would've been better on OUR left side than Spurs' , for the next 15 weeks and WOULD'VE PLAYED AT RS .

Anyway , there you are....

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Morning all
(well afternoon/evening for me wth it being 5.20pm in HK)

Latest on the EFC links
Diego Castro linked , winger from Sporting Gijon
and reports we tried to sign Urby Emanuelson (plays Left Wing and Left Back)
from Ajax for 1.7m Euros (which is feasible with the Pienaar money i guess) but he rejected us for AC Milan

Any truth in either of those LCAB?

Morning all

Latest on the EFC links
from Ajax for 1.7m Euros (which is feasible with the Pienaar money i guess) but he rejected us for AC Milan

I think LCAB or Dutch Toffee called the Urby one a while back, he's defo joined AC.

At 1.7m, its a big shame if we were in the hunt

Im resigned to the fact that we wont be signing anyone this window.
I cant see Moyes signing anyone just for the sake of it and the players he wants either wont want to come or we cant afford their wages or loan fee.
LCAB, I fear, may be waiting in vain for news.

I'm gonna be PERFECTLY honest .

Yesterday , I was told a name - which I DID NOT ALLUDE TO , that WE WOULD HONEST TO GOD , PARTY , and I MEAN , PARTY , should it happen ...

I was ALL EXCITED an' sheeeeit , and it WAS a LEGITIMATE tip .

THEN , I spoke to S ...

Now , Im kinda in your Camp , lad , tbh ...

Depression seems to be settling over us like this Foggy / Cloudy sheeiit this morning over L5 .

IF I hear different , I WILL SO say so .

We , ALL OF US , NEED A FUKN LIFT !!!

Carry on ..

Morning all

Latest on the EFC links

No , kid .

New to me . All of them , tbh , mate .

Happy Valley , lid . Happy Valley , Brother....

LCAB,

Have you heard any mention of Michael Owen at all? I find it incredible that he's on a pay as you play deal at Man U - yet doesn't play. So anything we can offer him (season ticket to blood brothers) would be in his interests

Dodgy hamstring or not - he will score goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back