The L.C.A.B. / THT Transfer Window Thread ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi LCAB first time poster long time lurker, sooooo that one isnt a goer? (after speaking to S). Thanks for the updates not that there is much to say, lets hope there is a few changes in the summer.

Hiya , mate .

No . He DID NOT DENY SPECIFICALLY THAT ONE , just a general Malaise thing ....

Its the last week . It GOES UP ... it GOES DOWN ...

Windows , lid ...

POST , Cocka .

LCAB.
Can I ask if you know the current status of the relationship between Bill Kenwright and David Moyes ?This question should probably asked next week after the window closes but it seems to me that things may be changing between them as the board usually tried to provide their manager with some funds...no matter how small.
Is Bill Kenwright losing confidence in his manager,does he feel that maybe some of his more recent purchases have not really been value for money.
I feel there must be some reason for this sudden total deterioration in funding.

In my view, it's either down to personal greed on the part of our directors, or just a general lack of interest in the club. There are some very wealthy people attached to EFC (regrettably not the Chairman); it's about time they put their money where their shares are.

My wish list, dunno if anyone cares but realistically would be

Robbie Keane
Stephen Ireland
Krancaer or the krankies.....

think all three still have it in them....i dont get the stephen ireland thing, i have met him a few times and he is a really nice guy who loves his football...he knows where the forward player is, something we are lacking i feel.

sorry its raining in work and you can only watch 4od for so long.

In my view, it's either down to personal greed on the part of our directors, or just a general lack of interest in the club. There are some very wealthy people attached to EFC (regrettably not the Chairman); it's about time they put their money where their shares are.

I think BK is asking too much and that's because he owes a certain someone else for (what little) money he's paid in himself.
Someone once told me that Lord Grantchester is a billionaire, but he won't get involved as long as Kenwright is in charge. Although that individual is no more clued up than I (in my opinion), so I just dismissed that knowledge.
Is there anyone here who has any knowledge on the relationships within the board?

"I feel there must be some reason for this sudden total deterioration in funding."

To rehash something I said in another thread (originality not being my strong point), I could imagine a funding conversation between Kenwright and Moyes going something like this:

MOYES See you, Jimmy ... er, Bill. Ye need tae gimme cash fer transferrrrs (my terrible attempt at a Scottish accent stops here).

KENWRIGHT: Oh, right. Whatever happened to that chunk of dosh I found for the purchase of that front player you said would guarantee us Europa League every season ? Yak something, his name was. Chubby lad.

MOYES: Well, he upset me - can't remember how - so I never played him, and now he's gone.

KENWRIGHT: How much did we get for him ?

MOYES: Er, nothing - he's on loan.

KENWRIGHT: And we've got nothing for that Yobo bloke we forked five million quid for ?

MOYES: Well, not yet.

KENWRIGHT: How did things go with that flying Russian winger that you said would rocket us into the top four if I could only get you the money ?

MOYES: I like to put him on for 15 minutes, every four or five games, just for nuisance value.

KENWRIGHT: That Rodwell lad we could have got ten million for easy, back in the summer ?

MOYES: Well, Fella, Arteta, and Ossie keep him out of the side, and he's getting worse as time goes by, with seldom having any game time. I can't see him ever getting into the 1st team, to be honest.

KENWRIGHT: (rolling eyes, now): What became of that Dutch chap that we forked out six million for - you know, the one you said could play any position.

MOYES: Well, it turns out he's terrible in midfield and at full back. I only think of him as a reserve centre back, now - about the same as Wheater, who recently cost £3million.

KENWRIGHT: Ah ! And Vaughan ?

MOYES: No good, in my opinion. we could get a million for him, but I really can't be bothered making the effort.

KENWRIGHT: Hmmm. And you actually want me to find you more money ?

MOYES: Aye.

KENWRIGHT: Come and see me on the 1st of February, and we'll discuss it.

Just a thought ....

Last edited by a moderator:

Did we make a 3million offer the Kranikar? Or is it bullturd?How can we offer what we aint got !

I doubt we did. The story from Goal has no evidence, no quotes. Just press posturing. IMO anyway.

We may move for him, but I imagine any move would be loan-to-buy. Rather tha the money we've heard offered.

"I feel there must be some reason for this sudden total deterioration in funding."

To rehash something I said in another thread (originality not being my strong point), I could imagine a funding conversation between Kenwright and Moyes going something like this:

MOYES See you, Jimmy ... er, Bill. Ye need tae gimme cash fer transferrrrs (my terrible attempt at a Scottish accent stops here).

KENWRIGHT: Oh, right. Whatever happened to that chunk of dosh I found for the purchase of that front player you said would guarantee us Europa League every season ? Yak something, his name was. Chubby lad.

MOYES: Well, he upset me - can't remember how - so I never played him, and now he's gone.

KENWRIGHT: How much did we get for him ?

MOYES: Er, nothing - he's on loan.

KENWRIGHT: And we've got nothing for that Yobo bloke we forked five million quid for ?

MOYES: Well, not yet.

KENWRIGHT: How did things go with that flying Russian winger that you said would rocket us into the top four if I could only get you the money ?

MOYES: I like to put him on for 15 minutes, ever four or five games, just for nuisance value.

KENWRIGHT: That Rodwell lad we could have got ten million for easy, back in the summer ?

MOYES: Well, Fella, Arteta, and Ossie keep him out of the side, and he's getting worse as time goes by, with seldom having any game time. I can't see him ever getting into the 1st team, to be honest.

KENWRIGHT: (rolling eyes, now): What became of that Dutch chap that we forked out six million for - you know, the one you said could play any position.

MOYES: Well, it turns out he's terrible in midfield and at full back. I only think of him as a reserve centre back, now - about the same as Wheater, who recently cost £3million.

KENWRIGHT: Ah ! And Vaughan ?

MOYES: No good, in my opinion. we could get a million for him, but I really can't be bothered making the effort.

KENWRIGHT: Hmmm. And you actually want me to find you more money ?

MOYES: Aye.

KENWRIGHT: Come and see me on the 1st of February, and we'll discuss it.

Just a thought ....

You REALLY ARE , The Jackster , eh , Melv' ..???

NOT like Matty , but REALLY ,...eh ???

I doubt we did. The story from Goal has no evidence, no quotes. Just press posturing. IMO anyway.

We may move for him, but I imagine any move would be loan-to-buy. Rather tha the money we've heard offered.

Cheers LCAB.

I thought that Jamo ,just a passing straw I clutched at.....

A previous poster mentioned again Redknapp's interest in Neville, now 3 mill would be great IMO but I think we would be lucky to see half of that. Now a late bid might be made.

Also there has been mention again of Man U being interested in Rodwell, no matter what Moyes has said, how would BK ract if an offer of 15+ mill came in. For me I would have to say No.

I also think that we can ill afford to let any more players go no matter what the fee is, our squad is small enough already. I would TBH rather stick with what we have, don't waste money in January now (prices are always massively inflated) save it for the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back