The next manager appointment (new thread)

The next manager appointment

• David Moyes

Votes: 98 22.3%
  • Carlos Corberan

Votes: 70 15.9%
  • Wayne Rooney

Votes: 11 2.5%
  • Thomas Frank

Votes: 48 10.9%
  • Graham Potter

Votes: 53 12.1%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

Votes: 10 2.3%
  • Abel Ferreira

Votes: 10 2.3%
  • Imanol Alguacil

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Henrik Rydstrom

• Kjetil Knutsen

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Davide Ancelotti

Votes: 52 11.8%
  • Sarina Wiegman

Votes: 16 3.6%
  • Gareth Southgate

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • Sergio Conceicao

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Roger Schmidt

• Edin Terzic

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Kasper Hjulmand

• Christian Streich

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • A caretaker like Big Sam, Warnock etc

Votes: 6 1.4%
  • Mister X not mentioned

Votes: 39 8.9%

• Total voters
Sorry if anyone else has suggested this but as there was a rumour regarding Ragnick being favoured by TFG, perhaps he could take over as manager until the end of this season with D Ancelotti as his assistant with him taking over as head coach/manager next season, Ragnick to be DOF?

The feller who downed tools at United cos he didn't like the squad and structure?

Wouldn't last 5 mins here.

Carsley gets a lot of mentions.
But I don’t follow the national team
And I don’t know the type of football he coaches.
I wonder if he would be such a popular choice if he wasn’t a former player.
I’d always be concerned with his lack of club management.

Wants to play attacking football with quick technical players in most positions. Would rather have a team full of midfielders playing than specific roles including up front (won the Euros without a striker for example).

Issue would be more about the pressure of the job rather than if he can do it. There's an idea he's uncomfortable doing press and answering to them. More of a hands on coach than a manager.

Wants to play attacking football with quick technical players in most positions. Would rather have a team full of midfielders playing than specific roles including up front (won the Euros without a striker for example).

Issue would be more about the pressure of the job rather than if he can do it. There's an idea he's uncomfortable doing press and answering to them. More of a hands on coach than a manager.
Thanks
I had obviously read up a little bit about him over the years but not being a follower of the national team was shaky on the details .
Sounds good tbh.
But hasn’t he been reported as not wanting a club appointment due to work/ life issues ?
Is one of his children disabled , hence his reluctance to take on the full time workload of club management?
Again I’m just trying to recall things I vaguely remember reading in the past ?

I’ve not posted in the Everton forum bit for a very long time but if this new lot are seriously interested in Southgate they don’t know a thing about football or the club. He would be worse than Dyche. I’m not coming back in here until we’ve won the league. Cheers all.

It's great to have you here at GOT. I agree Southgate would be a bad appointment. I think that it would be the kind of appointment who would immediately start the doubters on the new regime particularly if it went badly which I imagine in likelihood it would.

I hope they get a top manager in who turns our fortunes around.

Friedkin “could” appoint Southgate “if” he sacks Dyche.

Yeah.

And he “could” buy Messi if he “sells” DCL. I’m sure the first thing he did when he announced the takeover was tell online pretend journalists that “hey guys, we’re gonna go get Gavin Southgate”.

Come on lads, this is all garbage news.

Friedkin “could” appoint Southgate “if” he sacks Dyche.

Yeah.

And he “could” buy Messi if he “sells” DCL. I’m sure the first thing he did when he announced the takeover was tell online pretend journalists that “hey guys, we’re gonna go get Gavin Southgate”.

Come on lads, this is all garbage news.
I think I'd hold on to Dyche in that case. And DCL. Messi is finished. Couldn't run down a defender for Sean.

Thanks
I had obviously read up a little bit about him over the years but not being a follower of the national team was shaky on the details .
Sounds good tbh.
But hasn’t he been reported as not wanting a club appointment due to work/ life issues ?
Is one of his children disabled , hence his reluctance to take on the full time workload of club management?
Again I’m just trying to recall things I vaguely remember reading in the past ?

He does but I think that's just journos putting 2x2 together to get 5.

He's coached youth and development squads and blitz through the ranks, had interim management spells with Birmingham and Brentford before taking the England Under 21s.

So I don't think it's the workload, I just think it's everything else away from the coaching.

I know people have a go at Dyche in his pressers, but it does take a different type of personality to do that much press and be scrutinized every game that I don't think Carsley has or likes to be.

He does but I think that's just journos putting 2x2 together to get 5.

He's coached youth and development squads and blitz through the ranks, had interim management spells with Birmingham and Brentford before taking the England Under 21s.

So I don't think it's the workload, I just think it's everything else away from the coaching.

I know people have a go at Dyche in his pressers, but it does take a different type of personality to do that much press and be scrutinized every game that I don't think Carsley has or likes to be.
He could just get the club captain or DoF to do ll the pressers though if him not doing them was a condition of his taking the job.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back