The next manager appointment (new thread)

The next manager appointment

• David Moyes

Votes: 98 22.5%
  • Carlos Corberan

Votes: 69 15.8%
  • Wayne Rooney

Votes: 10 2.3%
  • Thomas Frank

Votes: 48 11.0%
  • Graham Potter

Votes: 53 12.2%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Abel Ferreira

Votes: 10 2.3%
  • Imanol Alguacil

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Henrik Rydstrom

• Kjetil Knutsen

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Davide Ancelotti

Votes: 52 11.9%
  • Sarina Wiegman

Votes: 16 3.7%
  • Gareth Southgate

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • Sergio Conceicao

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Roger Schmidt

• Edin Terzic

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Kasper Hjulmand

• Christian Streich

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • A caretaker like Big Sam, Warnock etc

Votes: 6 1.4%
  • Mister X not mentioned

Votes: 39 8.9%

• Total voters
It's great to have you here at GOT. I agree Southgate would be a bad appointment. I think that it would be the kind of appointment who would immediately start the doubters on the new regime particularly if it went badly which I imagine in likelihood it would.

I hope they get a top manager in who turns our fortunes around.
More I think about it the more I think they’ll aim for a box office manager like they did with Mourinho. It does somewhat concern me that as the recent England manager they might see Southgate as that sort of name even if in reality he isn’t at all exciting.

Maybe they throw the lot at someone like a Tuchel or a Pochettino next summer with the enticement of the stadium and a whole new project. After all, they might be the “sensible” guys compared to the likes of Textor but we are also talking about a guy who personally flew in Lukaku: he’s not afraid to make a big splash.

Maybe they throw the lot at someone like a Tuchel or a Pochettino next summer with the enticement of the stadium and a whole new project. After all, they might be the “sensible” guys compared to the likes of Textor but we are also talking about a guy who personally flew in Lukaku: he’s not afraid to make a big splash.
Poch seems more like a has been given how he has performed in his last few jobs. Still living off getting Spurs to the Champions League final.

He does but I think that's just journos putting 2x2 together to get 5.

He's coached youth and development squads and blitz through the ranks, had interim management spells with Birmingham and Brentford before taking the England Under 21s.

So I don't think it's the workload, I just think it's everything else away from the coaching.

I know people have a go at Dyche in his pressers, but it does take a different type of personality to do that much press and be scrutinized every game that I don't think Carsley has or likes to be.
Yeah , that’s the impression I’ve always got of him.
I suppose the anthem affair showed how little he has time for all the rubbish you are expected to do.
Kudos to him for not singing that hideous, meaningless dirge, but it would have been easier for him to mime the bloody thing and make the EDL contingent happy.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back