The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It pisses me off every year when we fail in a bid with one person we get linked to several failed bids of the same value to another.

This year the papers/board seem to be suggesting we have about 12mil. Hate they suggest they know all the release value of our players, i mean come on baines 16mil? well moyes loves this guy and has a ****load to spend so why 16mil? Fellaini weird contract clause, i mean who is selling this **** to the papers? Surely something can be done press wise.

i really dont know, if you have to bung an agent 50k to keep his mouth shut or whether our scouts just invite along the press. Is it just me or do the press have it out for us?

It pisses me off every year when we fail in a bid with one person we get linked to several failed bids of the same value to another.

This year the papers/board seem to be suggesting we have about 12mil. Hate they suggest they know all the release value of our players, i mean come on baines 16mil? well moyes loves this guy and has a ****load to spend so why 16mil? Fellaini weird contract clause, i mean who is selling this **** to the papers? Surely something can be done press wise.

i really dont know, if you have to bung an agent 50k to keep his mouth shut or whether our scouts just invite along the press. Is it just me or do the press have it out for us?

Their agents perhaps? When they earn a percentage of fees, salary and sign on for any player transfers it's in their interests to stir the market and move their players on to ensure they remain a parasite on football.

Their agents perhaps? When they earn a percentage of fees, salary and sign on for any player transfers it's in their interests to stir the market and move their players on to ensure they remain a parasite on football.

football clubs also float player valuations through trusted media connections in the print world and that includes trying to move players on in whatever terms they feel fit and proper.

Sheedy has spoke about this many times.

We finished top half consistently and won **** all. He completely bottled it against most of the elite clubs every season and had the worst Derby record of any long serving Everton manager.

Some people seem to want to bestow high status onto Moyes and forget the standards required for it at Everton. He was a decent manager who made some good signings and added discipline to a pretty ordinary series of teams to get respectable league positions. That's it. A very practical but limited manager. It's pretty depressing that there seems to be a legion out there of people like you who cant let go of that mediocrity and would prefer we'd retained it.

but Moyes' finishes in the league were not mediocre when you look at his transfer budget. I don't understand how people can try to play him off as a "decent" or "mediocre" manager. He was obviously much more than that. I think his time at MUFC will earn him the recognition as one of the best managers in Europe.. it's sad though that even amongst Evertonians his work at Goodison was not enough to earn him the praise he deserves.

but Moyes' finishes in the league were not mediocre when you look at his transfer budget. I don't understand how people can try to play him off as a "decent" or "mediocre" manager. He was obviously much more than that. I think his time at MUFC will earn him the recognition as one of the best managers in Europe.. it's sad though that even amongst Evertonians his work at Goodison was not enough to earn him the praise he deserves.

It's like a bad break up for some people, they need to be angry first. After a few months everyone will calm down and we can all smile while we talk about Moyes in his smashing cardigan with a glass of champagne in his hands.

Is that the first season where he was played rightback or centre mid and looked like anything but a "boss" player? He's played well for 3/4 of one season, considering he's one of our top earners that sort of record is an embarrassment really.

Also if Distin hadn't of had his brain fart at Wembley he was nailed on for the player of the year.

hes established himself at CH first season mate, he was quality, and I disagree with the Distin shout, Jonny dragged the defence through a lot of injuries that year and didn't hoof it, I'm not against selling him, but I don't agree he's been garbage for us

hes established himself at CH first season mate, he was quality, and I disagree with the Distin shout, Jonny dragged the defence through a lot of injuries that year and didn't hoof it, I'm not against selling him, but I don't agree he's been garbage for us

Didn't Distin win players player of the year and Heitinga fans player of the year?

Is it my imagination or has the transfer dealings of Utd this summer gone a bit Evertonesque.
Linked wih players from all sorts of places,players they were reportedly interested in going elsewhere.
More bids for other players less than the minimum asking price with no real hope of signing them,depending on the player to make the transfer happen.

Kenwright out ,he is obviously affecting them as well as us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back