Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never heard of him prior to this thread. According to wiki, there's a reason why: 17 goals in 83 games since 2009.

As a youngster, I'll concede he might be worth a punt... but is he REALLY a legitimate alternative option to Jelavic and Kone? There's simply nothing to suggest it, unless someone can tell us that it was a case of Palermo not creating chances for him?

He was limited in chances due to Fabrizio Miccoli. He was like Palermo's Totti for 6 years until this summer.

tumblr_mmuo1kSciN1r6g7k5o1_400.gif

tumblr_mjiysc819L1s1f4sxo1_250.gif

Basically, we´re fighting with Liverpool for that sixth spot since Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs obviously have better squads than us. Anyone saying our squad is on par with Tottenham is living in denial.

Who´s got the better team between us and the ****e? In my opinion Suarez edges it for them.

:s that why they've finished below us two seasons in a row. fellaini and baines together massive surpass suarez and compare the squads after that and ours is easily ahead. I think we've strengthened more than them so far this summer despite the vast amounts they've spent. maybe their unknown signings will come good.

i think are squad is well behind spurs, but not massively behind arsenals who have a lot of players who are either gash or superb. i think if we got a good fee for felli or baines and spent it very wisely we'd be much closer to their squads as opposed to keeping them.

then again, liverpool and spurs may say the same thing about suarez and bale. lets just say i'm not too worried about what the RS would do with their fee

Everton to move for Manchester City misfit Scott Sinclair

EVERTON are readying a bid for Manchester City misfit Scott Sinclair after entering the race to sign the former England under-21 international.
9579.jpg

The 24-year-old is available after a disappointing season at the Etihad Stadium where he failed to make any impact since his £6.2m arrival from Swansea last summer.

Manager Roberto Martinez is hoping to convince the former Chelsea winger to join him at Goodison Park.

The Spaniard has already raided former club Wigan for trio Antolin Alcaraz, Arouna Kone and Joel Robles to add to the signing of on-loan Barcelona youngster Gerard Deulofeu.

9578.jpg

9580.jpg

9581.jpg

“Manager Roberto Martinez is hoping to convince the former Chelsea winger to join him at Goodison Park”

And the Everton manager sees Sinclair as a cut-price alternative to Chelsea’s Victor Moses, with the West London reluctant to sell the winger for less than the £9m they paid to Wigan twelve months ago.

Newcastle are also interested in the signing the winger, however Everton are eager to steal a march on their Premier League rivals by placing the first formal bid for the player.

Sinclair was a driving force behind Swansea’s promotion to the Premier League scoring 36 times in 91 appearances during a two year stay in South Wales.

The winger is currently part of Manchester City’s pre-season tour of South Africa, after recovering from a blood clot that forced him to miss the end of last season.

Sinclair made only two Premier League starts last season for City making only an addition nine appearances from the substitutes bench.
[video=youtube;d9WsYSTJfFk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=d9WsYSTJfFk[/video]

i don't believe this sinclair link. surely martinez knows he's not good enough for everton. maybe as a 3rd choice back-up for both wings, but i watched him score 26? in a season and i still don't think he's anywhere near our level. sadly, kenwright doesn't seem to be offering up too much funds so we seem to have no better alternatives than out of favour loanees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back