2020/21 Thierry Small

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanting a realistic path to first team football isn’t being a billy big bollox imo. Skipping training is poor though.

Its a shame our supposed best youth prospect is in a position we have fully covered.

Everton that
From what I've heard/seen of him I think he might not be a left back for much longer. Can see him taking the Gareth bale route.

But you're consistently missing (or just ignoring) the main point here. Having a higher ambition is fine and to be applauded. Refusing to train with the team that you are contracted to, and at 16, makes him out to be an arrogant bell, or - more likely - he has been got to by an unscrupulous agent who is advising him to do this (so to line the agent's pockets).

There are other ways you can show your ambition - and your honour as a human being.
I'm not really bothered. If we wanted him to not force a move we would treat our young players like they matter. The club needs to get it together. But instead we hired Benitez.

I'm not really bothered. If we wanted him to not force a move we would treat our young players like they matter. The club needs to get it together. But instead we hired Benitez.
That is just nonsense.

Who do think has developed and nurtured this young lad to the stage where clubs all over Europe want to sign him?

Do you believe he has progressed in spite of Everton rather than because of Everton?

We have seen with other clubs there is nothing you can do if a player or his agent decides they are going to move.

Make no mistake, this move is all about money.

That is just nonsense.

Who do think has developed and nurtured this young lad to the stage where clubs all over Europe want to sign him?

Do you believe he has progressed in spite of Everton rather than because of Everton?

We have seen with other clubs there is nothing you can do if a player or his agent decides they are going to move.

Make no mistake, this move is all about money.
Not showing up and trying to move right now is about money.

But not signing a pro deal here? Nah. That's about opportunity.

Aren't the contracts before they turn pro like a couple hundred bucks a week and lunch? Not sure I feel he needs to show some great respect for that.
Mad you don't think a 16 year old can turn there nose at anything, I earned £50 a week glass collecting at that age and a milk round and then went to a supermarket before doing my adult job.

He is 16 he should show some respect, not turning up is bad advice imo.

Mad you don't think a 16 year old can turn there nose at anything, I earned £50 a week glass collecting at that age and a milk round and then went to a supermarket before doing my adult job.

He is 16 he should show some respect, not turning up is bad advice imo.
Respectfully his skills as a footballer are more valuable than your skills even when he's only 16. Frankly seeing out his youth contract when he's eligible to turn pro is vastly under paying him and as he's pretty clearly not signing here I'm not sure what options he has that see him both paid like a professional that he will be upon turning 17 and doing it at a place he wants to be aside from taking actions to force a sale. Romelu Lukaku did the same thing and while it stings every time his age doesn't really make a difference. As a club we should create an environment where this happens less would be my takeaway.

Respectfully his skills as a footballer are more valuable than your skills even when he's only 16. Frankly seeing out his youth contract when he's eligible to turn pro is vastly under paying him and as he's pretty clearly not signing here I'm not sure what options he has that see him both paid like a professional that he will be upon turning 17 and doing it at a place he wants to be aside from taking actions to force a sale. Romelu Lukaku did the same thing and while it stings every time his age doesn't really make a difference. As a club we should create an environment where this happens less would be my takeaway.
I was in the armed forces at 17 mate, think my skills were a tad more important thanks for saying my skills aren't valuable, glad I don't think about our forces like that.

The main point here is respect, nobody is denying him a move if he wants a move, it's the not turning up bit that grates on people.

Not showing up and trying to move right now is about money.

But not signing a pro deal here? Nah. That's about opportunity.

Do you not think it depends where he goes mate?

If he goes to a top PL club, it will all be motivated by money. If he goes abroad, or to a championship team or whatever, it will be to play more games, and I sort of think good luck to the lad.

If he can go somewhere where he will get 1st games this season, then he should make that move. That being said, it sounds like that could have been on the cards here.

I was in the armed forces at 17 mate, think my skills were a tad more important thanks for saying my skills aren't valuable, glad I don't think about our forces like that.

The main point here is respect, nobody is denying him a move if he wants a move, it's the not turning up bit that grates on people.

I dont think hes trying to have a pop at the armed forces mate, but rightly or wrongly we place a huge importance on young footballers as a society, in honesty far beyond what many can comprehend.

And yes, without any shadow of a doubt he should turn up to training. That's a big red flag for any team to me. If we were linked with a lad who was doing that, I'd be a bit alarmed.

What I dont get, is that if hes out of contract he can just leave anyway. So I dont get why hes staying away. It makes me wonder if theres more going on here.

I dont think hes trying to have a pop at the armed forces mate, but rightly or wrongly we place a huge importance on young footballers as a society, in honesty far beyond what many can comprehend.

And yes, without any shadow of a doubt he should turn up to training. That's a big red flag for any team to me. If we were linked with a lad who was doing that, I'd be a bit alarmed.

What I dont get, is that if hes out of contract he can just leave anyway. So I dont get why hes staying away. It makes me wonder if theres more going on here.
I mentioned the armed forces, he basically said Small can play football so is more important than my skills at the same age, I was in the forces at times of simmering gulf war. Just think it was abit rude thing too say.

He's being badly advised by a new agent that obviously sees £££££ shame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back