Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Telegraph this morning ( subscription only so can't link story ) but Howard says in an interview that due to his recent form he wants to prolong his career with us and wants a further year extension because he deserves it apparently.

In the Telegraph this morning ( subscription only so can't link story ) but Howard says in an interview that due to his recent form he wants to prolong his career with us and wants a further year extension because he deserves it apparently.

What is this? The poster above you said this thread was over. He even typed THE END in all capital letters like.

Not getting into any more debates on Tims goal keeping im finished on this thread ,just face up to the FACTS Dougie he's shi£e THE END.

That's the point though isn't it. Last weeks world class save and yesterday's prove he's not shi£e and he's got 3 years left on his contract, it's far from THE END. He's here for a while yet and he's producing the goods.

That's the point though isn't it. Last weeks world class save and yesterday's prove he's not shi£e and he's got 3 years left on his contract, it's far from THE END. He's here for a while yet and he's producing the goods.
2 saves dont make up for his gashness this season.

Should be his last season for us

Howard has been a good servant and in the main has been a 7/10 each game.
last season he peaked and then had a good WC, we all thought he would carry on this form into this season. Sadly he appears to have hit that wall that so many players hit, and that is his form/ability just for some reason deserts him.
I hope he moves to the MLS as I do believe at the stage he is in his career he will not capture it. If he does go I will remember him as a decent keeper who served us well, but as mentioned time to move on.

Ever feel like popping into a thread to give a player praise when they're doing well?

Or do you just like to get on the back of players who are not doing so well?

No need for an answer, btw. They're rhetorical questions; as I already know the answer.

There's a group of them pal, go from thread to thread hating on the players and the club. Anything to just slag someone or something off, it's weird behaviour really. Probably the same ones who say how special we are as Evertonians and different from the rest.

Hang on he has just had a three year extension to the age of THIRTY NINE are you saying he wants to be here till he is FOURTY?
Is he after breaking Ted Sagers Record or something - He is no Nevile Southall, Nigel Martyn or Gordon West - once just a good shot stopper - never has been a complete Keeper, as SAF would never have let him go!
He has been a good servant to us, in his prime a steady Keeper , but this season some of his ageing flaws have stood out more than ever, My only valid point is try Robles back out and if he looks suspect we know next summer we will have to spend big money for a class Keeper, and other position too!
This is not a snide comment it just a practical one as I feel if we carry on with TH, and do not strenghen in other areas we will have a season like this year without the Europa cup!

There's a group of them pal, go from thread to thread hating on the players and the club. Anything to just [Poor language removed] someone or something off, it's weird behaviour really. Probably the same ones who say how special we are as Evertonians and different from the rest.

I think it just bypasses them, and their forum ego.

There's a group of them pal, go from thread to thread hating on the players and the club. Anything to just [Poor language removed] someone or something off, it's weird behaviour really. Probably the same ones who say how special we are as Evertonians and different from the rest.
Doug a fan does not have to hate a player its just their opinion if they go over the top treat it with the contempt it deserves, the forum is a debating area to express views disagreements etc - no Evertonian is different they all should care for the team!
If they express different views to mine or yours then so be it. I agree with you on some things as you know so its should be just debate, ok wind ups happen, but enjoy the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back