Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doug a fan does not have to hate a player its just their opinion if they go over the top treat it with the contempt it deserves, the forum is a debating area to express views disagreements etc - no Evertonian is different they all should care for the team!
If they express different views to mine or yours then so be it. I agree with you on some things as you know so its should be just debate, ok wind ups happen, but enjoy the forum!

I agree, we don't see eye to eye on this subject and have both taken and given in equal measure, that's fine it's good natured and we both accept that. But there is a section of consistent posters who continually abuse and go overboard with it (how they get away with wishing injuries on our players I don't actually understand). That's not debating in any form, at best it's trolling, but seeing as it goes on in so many threads on so many varied subjects I'd say it's more their outlook on Everton.

I think he has been a good servant to Everton. On his day a good keeper. Unfortunately the time comes when age takes a hand in things and you can no longer do the things you used to be able to do. I am glad he has preformed well in the last couple of games, he didn't deserve to be remembered for all his errors this season. The time has come for him to be replaced. Happens to everyone, hope he doesn't hang around and embarrass himself. Go back to America, have a couple of seasons there and retire.

I think he has been a good servant to Everton. On his day a good keeper. Unfortunately the time comes when age takes a hand in things and you can no longer do the things you used to be able to do. I am glad he has preformed well in the last couple of games, he didn't deserve to be remembered for all his errors this season. The time has come for him to be replaced. Happens to everyone, hope he doesn't hang around and embarrass himself. Go back to America, have a couple of seasons there and retire.
Could he be a back up?

I agree, we don't see eye to eye on this subject and have both taken and given in equal measure, that's fine it's good natured and we both accept that. But there is a section of consistent posters who continually abuse and go overboard with it (how they get away with wishing injuries on our players I don't actually understand). That's not debating in any form, at best it's trolling, but seeing as it goes on in so many threads on so many varied subjects I'd say it's more their outlook on Everton.
Yes Doug I understand, abuse though? really? - you have to look at two side of the coin you and I have had good banter, over TH your video my suggestion over a tape measure to use his positioning etc etc, all in good banter however if you feel there is abuse from other posters then report it to the mods,
I think TH over the last two games has looked a bit better, I will still defend the fact that we need a new Keeper a younger good prospect hopefully without breaking the bank - RM did TH no favours when fetching him back in unfairly, over Robles 3 clean sheets!
I feel this is were he became under fire on here quite rightly imo.

The money thing is a thing. Not sure about ego, he thinks he's good, but we all think we're good at what we do. He's good enough to be a number two for years ahead.

Hang on he has just had a three year extension to the age of THIRTY NINE are you saying he wants to be here till he is FOURTY?
Is he after breaking Ted Sagers Record or something - He is no Nevile Southall, Nigel Martyn or Gordon West - once just a good shot stopper - never has been a complete Keeper, as SAF would never have let him go!
He has been a good servant to us, in his prime a steady Keeper , but this season some of his ageing flaws have stood out more than ever, My only valid point is try Robles back out and if he looks suspect we know next summer we will have to spend big money for a class Keeper, and other position too!
This is not a snide comment it just a practical one as I feel if we carry on with TH, and do not strenghen in other areas we will have a season like this year without the Europa cup!

He also said with next year being his testimonial year, he wants it to be played at old Trafford to earn himself more money with a bigger attendance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back