Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you take great pride in being 100% wrong all the time?

Barely fair to call Robles useless last season. He was in and out of the team and never got a run of games which is very important for a goalkeeper. Admittedly he was bad against Arsenal in the cup.

On him not having to do a lot in the games where he kept clean sheets. West Brom, he didn't have a lot to do but there's plenty of times this season where Howard hasn't had a lot to do. On Sunday QPR had 1 shot on target all game and it goes in. Same thing happened against Hull at home, 1 shot on target and he lets it in at his near post. I don't get why it should be held against Joel that he does the simple things right. Something which Howard spectacularly fails at time and time again.

He took a huge amount of pressure off our defence that day and was a massive part ofFor Palace away didn't you see all the long balls they aimed into our box. Robles claimed everything that day. our first win of 2015. He was one of the best players on the park that day. Watch that game again with your eyes open and tell me that he flaps at crosses.

RS at home he made important stops from Gerrard and Ibe.

Even if Howard is world class in training Martinez should have realised by now by actually using his eyes that Robles is the infinitely better option when it comes to the actual games.

In conclusion, LOL at you.

haha you've clearly forgotten him absolutely flapping at the ball twice in the first 10 mins including dropping a simple ball inside his 6 yard box

http://www.evertonfc.com/evertontv/...ce-0-1-everton-20-minute-highlights?logged=in

strange that considering the cup gets mentioned constantly in favour of Robles.

you didnt mention hull in the league though did you
Where did I mention the cup with Robles? I was talking about clean sheets in the league.

And no I didn't mention Hull in the league. He could have done better but the blame for that goal lies with the worst offside trap attempt in the history of football.

Where did I mention the cup with Robles? I was talking about clean sheets in the league.

And no I didn't mention Hull in the league. He could have done better but the blame for that goal lies with the worst offside trap attempt in the history of football.

apply the same logic to Howard then

Howard is a spent force as a top goalie (which he generally has been). The jury is out regarding Robles, but I'd like to see how he performed as a regular pick in goal before spending big on a new number one. Tim Howard should retire to the MLS or creosote fences with his beard.

Never fails to amaze me seeing these fanboys trying to excuse the bearded tit. One or two mistakes is understandable, but after a season of near enough a mistake or several per game, costing us several points this season, its laughable.

At this point I really don't know what he does better than Robles does.

So what's Martinez's reasoning for keeping him in the side?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back