Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point I really don't know what he does better than Robles does.

So what's Martinez's reasoning for keeping him in the side?

Maybe the double-edged sword that is experience. Howard has it, Robles needs it. And perhaps Martinez doesn't trust Robles' experience level, but how does he get more experience if he doesn't play? It's a Catch-22, in a way. Ideally, you'd have two No. 1 keepers, but no team I know has that.
Oh, and as much as I agree Howard has had a season-long clanger, I don't think you can blame him for the QPR goal. It was smashed in from close range after pinballing around the area because the defence couldn't clear a corner, something that's led to a few goals against us this season.

I dont understand the Howard fan boys. I just don't get it. He could kick it in his own net and you'd be saying you can't blame him for that.

I'm American and Tim was part of what led me to the club, but he's been poor this year - no doubt about it. Not saying he is the only one, or laying all the blame at his feet (hands)........but still.......

Bottom line we need better play between the sticks. Need to give Robles the rest of the season minutes to see if he can do it, if not we have a summer priority......

Serious question - cos i've only noticed this in the last 6 games - but can anyone else remember whether Tim ever used to come out from 3 yards and collect crosses. It strikes me that we are defending much much deeper for this reason alone?

i see @Dithering Dougie has made the news ;)

_81908397_timhoward.jpg

Everton goalkeeper Tim Howard has tweeted a letter received from a young fan who says how much Howard has inspired him, the USA international replying: "Thanks for the note Joel! Hope to see you suit up for the Blues one day!"

I Suppose the one thing we can take from all of this is that the club has touched another player who had no allegiance to us to begin with and now he is a part of the club a lot more than just a goal keeper.

I'd play Robles for the rest of the season if i had a say so in it to be honest. more to see if he can put a run of form together on demand rather than because he has to, it would go a long way to see if he is a keeper to invest in long term.

He's in poor form and had been all season. He's cost us many goals and points already, and I don't see him playing his way back into form before the season ends.

I'm not a Howard fan at all, but I think some people are too quick to lay the blame on him for every goal we concede.

But who knows, maybe the team's confidence in him has dropped, and his indecision at corners and coming for crosses has indirectly led to some of the shambolic set-piece defending?

Serious question - cos i've only noticed this in the last 6 games - but can anyone else remember whether Tim ever used to come out from 3 yards and collect crosses. It strikes me that we are defending much much deeper for this reason alone?
Tim does not command his box and is very weak on crosses.
We are defending to deep to compensate your right.

Although Howard's form and performance level has significantly deteriorated this season, he's always infuriated me.

He's always had a howler in his locker, but it just seems to have come to the fore in abundance this season. Maybe his age is affecting his reflexes and agility, but surely shouldn't affect his decision making (which to me is now alarmingly bad)?

i see @Dithering Dougie has made the news ;)

_81908397_timhoward.jpg

Everton goalkeeper Tim Howard has tweeted a letter received from a young fan who says how much Howard has inspired him, the USA international replying: "Thanks for the note Joel! Hope to see you suit up for the Blues one day!"

Only an absolute gimp of a teacher would come out with that nonsense about not starting a sentence with a conjunction. There is absolutely nothing wrong with using a conjunction at the start of a sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back