Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
So according to @Joey66 , our defenders aren't playing deeper because of the manager's instructions, they're playing deeper because they don't trust our keeper (setting aside the fact that we played quite deep against Palace and Liverpool with Robles in goal). According to @Dymak Howard is still starting because there's a dressing room clique that supports him. If both of you are to be believed, presumably there are no defenders, including our team captain, in this massively influential dressing room clique?

Let me guess, in your minds Barry, Naismith, and Osman have all conspired to keep Howard in the first XI by forming a guild of gashness?

It is a fact that Howard has been playing poorly, but virtually everything else that's been said in this thread is baseless speculation or pure fantasy.
What a load of ifs, and buts - the facts are and I reiterate Robles in his three game run commanded his area , and the defence looked more comfortable we conceded no goals , and Robles made some good saves, I have never quoted players influencing the Manager in the dressing room - I have stated RM has disappointed me on playing names , and not form - players, There are a few examples, and I have mentioned them on this thread - The main reason TH is a more important position is his first game back v Leicester was poor it cost us two points , and since then he has looked poor picking the ball out of his net SiXTEEN times!
RM is responsible for picking TH in goal stating the reason for his return as our Deffo no 1 Keeper may come back to haunt him- Robles played three games two were hard fixtures - we picked up 5 points if v WBA the pen had been taken by Baines it would have been 7 points in three games- under TH our position in the league has suffered only the last two wins have softened the blow ie we need a new keeper - my point is try Robles na for the rest of the remaining games see how he does, and how we defend, or luck in the summer for a top Keeper as TH is either lacking confidence or ibis age is catching up with him his positioning and decisions have been woeful,since his return!

So according to @Joey66 , our defenders aren't playing deeper because of the manager's instructions, they're playing deeper because they don't trust our keeper (setting aside the fact that we played quite deep against Palace and Liverpool with Robles in goal). According to @Dymak Howard is still starting because there's a dressing room clique that supports him. If both of you are to be believed, presumably there are no defenders, including our team captain, in this massively influential dressing room clique?

Let me guess, in your minds Barry, Naismith, and Osman have all conspired to keep Howard in the first XI by forming a guild of gashness?

It is a fact that Howard has been playing poorly, but virtually everything else that's been said in this thread is baseless speculation or pure fantasy.
Fact TH has kept one clean sheet in many more games since returning since Robles was unfairly dumped!

Only an absolute gimp of a teacher would come out with that nonsense about not starting a sentence with a conjunction. There is absolutely nothing wrong with using a conjunction at the start of a sentence.

Up with this nonsense, I will not put.

(Churchill)

What went wrong Tim?

He's run out of potion.
images.webp

If People think Joel is the answer they need to get a grip. Him and Howard should hopefully be out the door in the summer

Unless the question is "Who is a horse faced flapper who should be keeping in League 1?" Then the answer is Joel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back