Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
What went wrong Tim?

Noticed straight away just lost his positioning on the longer shots he is three yards in side his six yard box - he now positions himself sometimes either on the edge of his six yard box or 2-3 yards outside his six yard box totally different nowadays as the gap he leaves in two top corners open which invites a 25 yard shot!
Which are sometimes impossible to even attempt to dive for, never mind save!

Unless the question is "Who is a horse faced flapper who should be keeping in League 1?" Then the answer is Joel.

But..but he kept three clean sheets though.

Lets put it into context, against Palace he did his party trick of dropping to his knees and mouth wide open for action while Jags saved him by clearing off the line.

Then we have West Brom who were the most negative team seen at Goodison for a while.

Then the derby were we played to not get beat, about as attacking as west brom.

But..but he kept three clean sheets though.

Lets put it into context, against Palace he did his party trick of dropping to his knees and mouth wide open for action while Jags saved him by clearing off the line.

Then we have West Brom who were the most negative team seen at Goodison for a while.

Then the derby were we played to not get beat, about as attacking as west brom.
Utter drivel criticising a keeper who keeps three clean sheets to one who has lumbago picking the ball out of the net v the bottom of the league team Leicester and has only kept one clean sheet since unfairly returning - TH can't even keep them out with his big beard!lol
He is clearly out of form, in all aspects of being a no 1 goalkeeper!

Last edited:

Utter drivel criticising a keeper who keeps three clean sheets to one who has lumbago picking the ball out of the net v the bottom of the league team Leicester and has only kept one clean sheet since unfairly returning - TH can't even keep them out with his big beard!lol
He is clearly out of form, in all aspects of being a no 1 goalkeeper!

I'm criticising both of them, they are crap. The only difference with them is Howard was a decent keeper a few years ago. Robles is awful, in two years time he will be lucky to playing at league one level.

I'm criticising both of them, they are crap. The only difference with them is Howard was a decent keeper a few years ago. Robles is awful, in two years time he will be lucky to playing at league one level.
Maybe so give him a run, and if that proves to be as bad as you say the RM can buy a no 1 Keeper in the summer,and loan Robles out or sell TH to the MLS to give that contract till he is 39 may be a problem!

I've got a horrible feeling he'll still be our number 1 keeper next season.

If Martinez keeps his job (which looks likely at this point) then he must realise that many fans aren't happy with the season we've had. The decisions he makes over the summer are vital for getting the fans back on his side. For me, one of those decisions would be to get rid of Howard and bring a new keeper in. Otherwise the first mistake Howard makes next season will bring fresh critism for Martinez.

I'd agree, although Robles does seem to be better than Howard at present. Neither are the long term solution for Everton though. I think Howard has been a big part of our defensive problem this year. Because the defence now have little confidence in him, we have had to defend deeper and deeper. That's why I think it's no co-incidence that Robles kept 3 clean sheets.

Howard is living on the Belgium game in the World Cup.

Alex McCarthy.

How's that David Marshall getting on?

I still have faith in Martinez but if Howard starts next season
Then that will be me done with Martinez and the sooner he's sacked the better

Problem for me is he's so rooted to his line the CB's are in our own 6yard box when we come under pressure

Is Joel better? We will never know until he has a run of games
And he definitely deserves a chance

I'd agree, although Robles does seem to be better than Howard at present. Neither are the long term solution for Everton though. I think Howard has been a big part of our defensive problem this year. Because the defence now have little confidence in him, we have had to defend deeper and deeper. That's why I think it's no co-incidence that Robles kept 3 clean sheets.

Howard is living on the Belgium game in the World Cup.

How's that David Marshall getting on?

Not a huge Marshall fan mate, hes a competent keeper and outstanding when in good form, watched him a lot at Celtic but think we need to go a tier above. Alex McCarthy gets my Tim Krul seal of approval, 25 and a future international for my money, very impressed with the lid overall mate.

Howard need to go for my money hes part of the old guard that needs shifting. Never rated the lid and one of the most over hyped footballers ever to play for us.

Not a huge Marshall fan, watched him a lot at Celtic and think we need to go a tier above. Alex McCarthy gets my Tim Krul seal of approval, 25 and a future international for my money, very impressed with the lid overall mate.
I'll be honest, I'm basing my views on Marshall from the two great games he had against us.

I'll be honest, I'm basing my views on Marshall from the two great games he had against us.

I think we are looking for a certain profile of keeper mate, we want one that will hold their nerve in games with little to do, a keeper who will be commanding and authoritive in the box and also with his defenders breeding confidence and be competent under pressure when we are under the cosh. Especially with the philosphey of football we play i.e. playing from the back out.

You will always get keepers who play for the relegation threatened teams looking amazing, because they tend to be busier then those who are rarely called upon, id put Marshall, McGregor, Guzan, Heaton, Speroni and to a lesser extent Adrian and Fabianski in that bracket. We want someone who can keep their cool when not called upon often and can hold their nerve when they are under pressure. Be constructive in their decision making out from the back, while holding their psychological nerve through malaise and pressure. I think being the Everton keeper is a requires quite a wide psychological and practical skill set, depending on the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back