Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
i see @Dithering Dougie has made the news ;)

_81908397_timhoward.jpg

Everton goalkeeper Tim Howard has tweeted a letter received from a young fan who says how much Howard has inspired him, the USA international replying: "Thanks for the note Joel! Hope to see you suit up for the Blues one day!"
That kid is a lost cause. He should take up cricket or something.

I thought it was quite good. It's OK for an 11 year old to fall in love with footballers and have posters on his wall etc, its when you get 45 year olds doing the same thing that I become concerned.

oh good.. im 35, so its alright me dreaming of leighton every night..

A cruel joke to play on our number 1 keeper, humiliating him like that.

On the plus side Eric D-D's handwriting is coming along in leaps and bounds, his drawings are still a bit crap though.

Last edited:
Serious question - cos i've only noticed this in the last 6 games - but can anyone else remember whether Tim ever used to come out from 3 yards and collect crosses. It strikes me that we are defending much much deeper for this reason alone?
After the goal went in on Sunday v QPR TH ran out , and took a great catch - however that is the only one of any quality I have seen since his return!
The rest of the time he has been appalling in all aspects of goal keeping , and yes it has a knock on our defenders as we defend 10 yards deeper!

i see @Dithering Dougie has made the news ;)

_81908397_timhoward.jpg

Everton goalkeeper Tim Howard has tweeted a letter received from a young fan who says how much Howard has inspired him, the USA international replying: "Thanks for the note Joel! Hope to see you suit up for the Blues one day!"
Yes, but did Doug bother to send the two hour video to TH on Goalkeeper Positioning he posted on here ?evedently not after his performance at QPR!lol

After the goal went in on Sunday v QPR TH ran out , and took a great catch - however that is the only one of any quality I have seen since his return!
The rest of the time he has been appalling in all aspects of goal keeping , and yes it has a knock on our defenders as we defend 10 yards deeper!

So we agree that there are a few possibilities as to why Martinez chose to replace a keeper that had kept three clean sheets in a row with a keeper who jumps out of the way of a ball when someone shoots at him.

You have spoken about the possibility of Martinez witnessing Howard perform good in training. I have spoken about the possibility of favouritism being applied, and the possibility that Martinez is too scared to drop Howard because he fears the reaction of the clique in the dressing room.

You obviously think it is more likely that Martinez made this decision based on Howard's training ground performances, I disagree and think it more to do with him being scared as to how some of the players would react, which is extremely poor management.

So according to @Joey66 , our defenders aren't playing deeper because of the manager's instructions, they're playing deeper because they don't trust our keeper (setting aside the fact that we played quite deep against Palace and Liverpool with Robles in goal). According to @Dymak Howard is still starting because there's a dressing room clique that supports him. If both of you are to be believed, presumably there are no defenders, including our team captain, in this massively influential dressing room clique?

Let me guess, in your minds Barry, Naismith, and Osman have all conspired to keep Howard in the first XI by forming a guild of gashness?

It is a fact that Howard has been playing poorly, but virtually everything else that's been said in this thread is baseless speculation or pure fantasy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back