Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur 4-0 Everton (Sat 24 Aug, 3:00 PM)

Your Everton MOTM vs Spurs

• Jordan Pickford

• Roman Dixon

• James Tarkowski

• Michael Keane

• Vitalii Mykolenko

• Idrissa Gana Gueye

• Tim Iroegbunam

• Jack Harrison

• Abdoulaye Doucouré

• Dwight McNeil

• Dominic Calvert-Lewin

• Jesper Lindstrom '57

• Iliman Ndiaye '57

• Beto '72

Results are only viewable after voting.
That’s the thing isn’t it….I can accept results going against us but it is the manner of defeat e.g. the performance and the margin of defeat -7GD already.

I did not expect anything against Spurs but I think we were all hopeful of something against BHA at home, but the experience Dyche values in selecting a 39 year old right back led to that player making a mistake (and he made loads of mistakes last year) you would think an inexperienced player makes, resulting in a red which fundamentally means the game then becomes out of our reach.

This despite signing four new players in the summer and only selecting one of them. Yes he played two of them today but vs Spurs away and only as subs. He’s creating some of the issues we are experiencing

It wouldn't have been mate.

I hope they start Vs Bournemouth.

But we were never getting a sniff today.
I wouldn’t have expected a result, but it would have been encouraging to see the players we bought in to make us better, starting in place of those that have shown themselves time and again to be extremely limited at best.

2 games is a small sample size, and we’ve played teams I expect to do well over the season, but that defensive solidity we were built on last year has taken a severe walloping. Hiding places for Dyche were already few and far between.

I look forward to our next Feb 1st appointment.

What an atrocious display and I am just sick to death of seeing this start to the season year after year. The worst thing was Spurs didn't play that well just in fits and starts as they didn't have to because we made ridiculous mistakes that made them look great. The signing of Begovic was widely derided but more performances like that today and he will be straight in the team, a goal from a corner headed straight in from 4 yards for god's sake.

Good to see Dixon and Armstrong play and both did well and Ndiaye looked bright off the bench as well but the rest were a mixture of anonymous and terrible.

Had to go out at the hour mark. How bad was it?

Up to that point I think Dixon did pretty well, did he tire towards the end?

It’s not even that we played Spurs and got battered 4-0 that infuriates me, it’s the fact that we obviously don’t work on any sort of ball retention in training. We’d save ourselves a lot of pain if the ball wasn’t hoofed up pitch only to come straight back at us. He’s taken these players as far as he can with his limited tactics and I think they’re sick of him now as well. He needs to go. This season should have been a fresh start and a new set of ideas from dyche and his team, but it’s clear he doesn’t have any other ideas.

A new manger is needed before it’s too late.

We always seem to start the season half baked, why is that ? It's been happening for long before Dyche, is it the culture, the mindset. I know this season withthe quality of the opposition, the players didn't even look arsed at all, now it seems to have continued into the season. The manager has to bear the brunt of it, he picks the team and deploys the tactics.
If you look at the quality of opposition the more successful teams play in pre season, they are good top level European teams. It’s always struck me as odd, that we play the likes of a Sligo and Coventry. I think it’s the quality of opposition in pre season

Know it’s “early”, but if we keep conceding like we are, whilst losing in capitulating fashion - we have to bin Dyche early. We can’t wait until December and sod around this time. We have to be decisive by mid October and make a call on it. Because what we’ve seen so far looks even worse than where we were last year and that absolutely cannot be accepted.

Can't be any worse to watch surely
Ooh, I dunno...

Dyche certainly doesn't rotate enough for my liking - and he has his favourites who are proven failures - but one thing he is not blessed with is a lot of talent and a lot of options.

But even allowing for a necessary shake-up, neither Jordan Pickford nor James Tarkowski can be anywhere other than out on that pitch assuming they are fit.

I am astounded at Roman Dixon being way ahead of the votes. Yes not a bad debut considering but his 2nd half was not really good. Good prospect and hopefully he goes from strength to strength.

I still like Tim. He is another that will hopefully get better with time but is showing more than enough in each game that he will become a regular
I picked Dixon because there wasn’t anyone better than him and he was a young lad making his debut in a very poor team.A bigger surprise was Pickford getting six votes after his dismal all round performance!

Had to go out at the hour mark. How bad was it?

Up to that point I think Dixon did pretty well, did he tire towards the end?

It’s not even that we played Spurs and got battered 4-0 that infuriates me, it’s the fact that we obviously don’t work on any sort of ball retention in training. We’d save ourselves a lot of pain if the ball wasn’t hoofed up pitch only to come straight back at us. He’s taken these players as far as he can with his limited tactics and I think they’re sick of him now as well. He needs to go. This season should have been a fresh start and a new set of ideas from dyche and his team, but it’s clear he doesn’t have any other ideas.

A new manger is needed before it’s too late.
If we can't afford to sack him promote Baines to his no 2 >

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back