Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur 4-0 Everton (Sat 24 Aug, 3:00 PM)

Your Everton MOTM vs Spurs

• Jordan Pickford

• Roman Dixon

• James Tarkowski

• Michael Keane

• Vitalii Mykolenko

• Idrissa Gana Gueye

• Tim Iroegbunam

• Jack Harrison

• Abdoulaye Doucouré

• Dwight McNeil

• Dominic Calvert-Lewin

• Jesper Lindstrom '57

• Iliman Ndiaye '57

• Beto '72

Results are only viewable after voting.
thellwell

I’m not sure, we were heavily linked with him when Benitez was in charge. One thing on I will say about Thelwell, when he signed McNeil , he said this about a player who had 7 goals and 11 assists in five years

“Despite being only 22, he has plenty of Premier League experience and the statistics prove we have brought in one of the best young talents in English football.”

I’m not sure, we were heavily linked with him when Benitez was in charge. One thing on I will say about Thelwell, when he signed McNeil , he said this about a player who had 7 goals and 11 assists in five years

“Despite being only 22, he has plenty of Premier League experience and the statistics prove we have brought in one of the best young talents in English football.”

lampard said we was

I like mcneil, he can run the game from the side with his crosses, I don't know why that doesn't happen more, I think it's because
1. his teammates never get near anywhere where a cross would do them any good and 2, he always has to play defence. when you
look at games when mcneil is on we are dynamic and his set pieces are a necessity.

Dixon stays goodbye young

All the new people who played today including that baby stork earned a place in the squad. everybody else can sit

I don’t think the forum is properly understanding how at this level decent players can backslide behind poor coaching. There are a lot of people who think we have an entire team of players who can’t pass a football and that is just not true.
I do generally agree with this.

People will say the usual stuff like 'Even Pep wouldn't get a song out of this lot' and whilst that may be true initially, you absolutely cannot tell me that a coach like him with his coaching team behind him wouldn't get this squad performing much better within a couple of months..

Bottom of the league, playing terrible football, the squads a mess and the club is already in crisis before the seasons barely started and there is no cavalry coming that’s going to make a blind bit of difference. It’s a shambles.

We had issues at right back last season - wasn’t addressed.

We got players in -they have all instantly been deemed not good enough to be in the starting 11, and we still have holes and inadequacies all over the pitch. Our best 11 has not got any better, in fact it’s worse.

Harrison and young weren’t good enough last season- both given new contracts this season.

DCL has refused a new contract - not addressed.

The football was terrible for most of last season - it’s not changed, again I would say tactics and coaching is even worse.

Keane Holgate and Maupay - all just bad omens, not addressed, still at the club and still in the squad.

There are no ifs buts or maybe’s, Dyche has failed in his job to prepare the team adequately for the season.

There are clearly mitigating circumstances, but not enough to give him a ‘get out of jail free’ card for his own failings , as his smug nonchalant ‘it’s not my fault’ ignorance suggests that he thinks he has.

I would actually suggest he is actually trying to get the sack, or knows he can do what he likes and won’t be held accountable.

He hasn’t solved any and in fact has massively added to the issues this team has.

The players are not playing for him, the fans have no patience left for them or him.

Lost the plot, lost the fans, should lose his job.

I like mcneil, he can run the game from the side with his crosses, I don't know why that doesn't happen more, I think it's because
1. his teammates never get near anywhere where a cross would do them any good and 2, he always has to play defence. when you
look at games when mcneil is on we are dynamic and his set pieces are a necessity.

Dixon stays goodbye young

All the new people who played today including that baby stork earned a place in the squad. everybody else can sit
Only if he is aware that you chane ends at half time ffs he dribbled back from a good attacking position 4- 5 times in the 2nd half ...?

Last time we played Spurs away in August we started with 3 debutants, 2 of which had never played premier league football, all in midfield. You'll never know what they can do if you don't play new players.

*Yes I know Doucoure was one of those players
*OK, yes I know Keane was in Defence too
*shut up

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back