Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur 4-0 Everton (Sat 24 Aug, 3:00 PM)

Your Everton MOTM vs Spurs

• Jordan Pickford

• Roman Dixon

• James Tarkowski

• Michael Keane

• Vitalii Mykolenko

• Idrissa Gana Gueye

• Tim Iroegbunam

• Jack Harrison

• Abdoulaye Doucouré

• Dwight McNeil

• Dominic Calvert-Lewin

• Jesper Lindstrom '57

• Iliman Ndiaye '57

• Beto '72

Results are only viewable after voting.
If you look at the quality of opposition the more successful teams play in pre season, they are good top level European teams. It’s always struck me as odd, that we play the likes of a Sligo and Coventry. I think it’s the quality of opposition in pre season
Wonder sometimes if that's done in purpose by the manager...easy to beat opposition on paper versus opposition we have absolutely no chance even more so considering the squad size going into pre season...it might actually be worst next season...may as well not bother with any friendly.

Know it’s “early”, but if we keep conceding like we are, whilst losing in capitulating fashion - we have to bin Dyche early. We can’t wait until December and sod around this time. We have to be decisive by mid October and make a call on it. Because what we’ve seen so far looks even worse than where we were last year and that absolutely cannot be accepted.
Much worse than last season. This time last year, despite not winning matches, we were at least competitive. This year we're getting thrashed. Our terrible goal difference actually flatters us so far based on performance.

I think we all understand how coaching works thanks mate.

Going down the park now to turn some lads into PL footballers.
I don’t think the forum is properly understanding how at this level decent players can backslide behind poor coaching. There are a lot of people who think we have an entire team of players who can’t pass a football and that is just not true.

Horrendous once again. The one bright spot of the game was young Dixon, quick, aware and not shy in the tackle. I would have to say, we looked far better when Linstrom and Ndaiye came on, but, why on earth did he not take off McNeil rather than Harrison, neither of them were good, but, McNeil was blowing for tugs at the start of the second half.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back