Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur 4-0 Everton (Sat 24 Aug, 3:00 PM)

Your Everton MOTM vs Spurs

• Jordan Pickford

• Roman Dixon

• James Tarkowski

• Michael Keane

• Vitalii Mykolenko

• Idrissa Gana Gueye

• Tim Iroegbunam

• Jack Harrison

• Abdoulaye Doucouré

• Dwight McNeil

• Dominic Calvert-Lewin

• Jesper Lindstrom '57

• Iliman Ndiaye '57

• Beto '72

Results are only viewable after voting.
Bottom of the league, playing terrible football, the squads a mess and the club is already in crisis before the seasons barely started and there is no cavalry coming that’s going to make a blind bit of difference. It’s a shambles.

We had issues at right back last season - wasn’t addressed.

We got players in -they have all instantly been deemed not good enough to be in the starting 11, and we still have holes and inadequacies all over the pitch. Our best 11 has not got any better, in fact it’s worse.

Harrison and young weren’t good enough last season- both given new contracts this season.

DCL has refused a new contract - not addressed.

The football was terrible for most of last season - it’s not changed, again I would say tactics and coaching is even worse.

Keane Holgate and Maupay - all just bad omens, not addressed, still at the club and still in the squad.

There are no ifs buts or maybe’s, Dyche has failed in his job to prepare the team adequately for the season.

There are clearly mitigating circumstances, but not enough to give him a ‘get out of jail free’ card for his own failings , as his smug nonchalant ‘it’s not my fault’ ignorance suggests that he thinks he has.

I would actually suggest he is actually trying to get the sack, or knows he can do what he likes and won’t be held accountable.

He hasn’t solved any and in fact has massively added to the issues this team has.

The players are not playing for him, the fans have no patience left for them or him.

Lost the plot, lost the fans, should lose his job.
I think the point around Dyche not having gotten the team ready for the season. I suppose the tough thing is that we’re just not fully privy to just how dire the financial situation is. He may have been told, these are the moves you can make and anything outside of that is off the table. Who knows. But one thing is for sure - the guy is living on borrowed time. Thrashings like these make us look like a poor investment and do nothing to attract buyers.

Players are in cruise mode. As usual. Seeing Maupay n dcl moaning on the bench was indicative of their stinking attitude.
What message is Dyche sending? If he motivates them he can stay, but if he is being defeatist and negative behind closed doors he should leave.

He needs to remember he’s managing Everton and not Burnley.

I imagine that’s the exact verbiage dyche uses pre match tactics

This is Dyche's whiteboard during pre - match tactics mate:

1724519765726.webp

I like your comment. However I'm not sure these players could do that. Again my opinion, but they haven't got the technical qualities to do it. Surely Dyche must have a tactical system he plays with. Even Sunday league teams I've played for have that.

I'm probably being harsh mate, I suppose lobbing the ball over the top time after time could count as tactical.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back