Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lennon and Evans in would be great news. Lennon's drive was certainly missed on saturday and Evans will be absolutely fine pressing Jags and Stones for a place. We would have been in much better position if they were here at start of last season. Problem is they have been discussed to the point that they won't even feel like signings. Maybe it is naive but the mood of the supporters does matter and surely both of these could have been in place in July.
We need a defender, playmaker and a back-up striker before we can even worry about getting in another winger. We don't have very deep pockets so I feel the money we do have needs to be spent on our more important needs. I don't want that limited money taken away from those positions.

Especially when you consider Levy is a real tight arse and he's out of contract in 12 months.

Yes I know we improved a lot going forward when Lennon came into the side but if we were to sign a class play maker they're going to improve us even more than Lennon would.

Great news?!?!?!?!

Dearie me.

Lennon and Evans in would be great news. Lennon's drive was certainly missed on saturday and Evans will be absolutely fine pressing Jags and Stones for a place. We would have been in much better position if they were here at start of last season. Problem is they have been discussed to the point that they won't even feel like signings. Maybe it is naive but the mood of the supporters does matter and surely both of these could have been in place in July.

We need a defender, playmaker and a back-up striker before we can even worry about getting in another winger. We don't have very deep pockets so I feel the money we do have needs to be spent on our more important needs. I don't want that limited money taken away from those positions.

Especially when you consider Levy is a real tight arse and he's out of contract in 12 months.

Yes I know we improved a lot going forward when Lennon came into the side but if we were to sign a class play maker they're going to improve us even more than Lennon would.

Its depressing that we need to think like this - we should be signing lennon AND a playmaker, giving us a backup when mirallas / deulofeu are injured (likely quite often) and some creativity in the middle.

But we have to think like that, as its everton

Its depressing that we need to think like this - we should be signing lennon AND a playmaker, giving us a backup when mirallas / deulofeu are injured (likely quite often) and some creativity in the middle.

Absolutely sucks dude, until we get new investment that's how it's going to be.

Signing Lennon is the safest decision Martinez can make right now, he saw what Lennon can bring, Lennon wants to come here, he won't take much time to settle, and both Deulofeu and Mirallas are often injured, it's no-brainer really, especially if we can't bring that mysterious and magical playmaker.

But i do hope we sign them both, as i am not really arsed about a new CB, because i'm convinced that we're never going to be defensively solid under Martinez, no matter who we sign, so i'm fine with Galloway, Browning and even Hibbert being our back-up choices.

We just need to score more and that's it.

I'd like to think that after the playmaker, centre back and striker, one of which will no doubt be a loan, we'll buy Lennon for £3m-£4m on deadline day as a bonus. Our squad improves immensely if he comes in.

Thing is I don't think Bobby will, because we've got McGeady and pienaar also out wide, both I feel taking up valuable positions in the squad.

Great news?!?!?!?!

Dearie me.
A lack of cover at centre half cost us so much at the start of last season and ultimately got us knocked out of europe. Lennon showed our other wingers what it means to play with some pride in the shirt you are wearing. we do need a playmaker and back up forward, but the basics are what was missing last season

Pienaar or Osman circa 2015 wide!? And if not Oviedo? FFS!

I think the Baines injury has forced the managers hand a little with regards to Lennon.

The reason we don't play 2 out and out wingers is because our full backs are two of the best in the league. By playing one winger, usually ahead of Coleman, space is opened up for him to run into. We play a wide midfielder on the left to try and get ball out to Baines in a crossing position like we saw with Cleverly and Baines in Pre-S.

Now Baines is out, Martinez will abandon that I think and just bring Lennon in to try and stretch the play and beat the full-back. After all, Galloway and Oviedo aren't nearly the full backs that Baines is so we need to change tactics accordingly.

Lennon is tried, tested for approx 4mil is an astute buy.

Would anyone have Fellaini back?
Now we have Cleverly who likes to put in a cross from deep - and we also need to replace Barry especially if Besic isn't going to make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back