VAR

I mentioned this earlier in another thread, but these apologies are worthless as there is zero accountability for those involved in refereeing the games.

Will Lee Mason be sanctioned? No, he'll continue to referee at the highest level and, like many others, will continue to make mistakes, with more apologies.

If he's lucky, he may get told to not referee a game next week, all on full pay. If he's unlucky, he'll referee down a tier or two for a week before pushed back up.
It’s normally a closed shop with referees but you know it’s a bad mistake when a former chief of referees is calling for PGMOL to sack Mason. Those sort of decisions can mean BHA for instance not qualifying for Europe or in a worst case scenario, have an impact on who is relegated, costing millions in revenue and as usual, it’s the poorer paid employees of a relegated club‘s workforce that pay through redundancies etc. It’s an absolute disgrace.

Thing is the whole point of VAR is to eliminate human error. If you can’t even get that right….. either it’s a waste of time or the operator who can’t operate it has to go imho.
Brings the purpose and reputation of it into disrepute.
Would very unusual to sack him but at the very least I wouldn’t expect (hope) to see him in the prem anymore.
If he was publicly demoted I can’t see him sticking it out anyway. Sky or someone will gladly pay him even more money to embarrass himself on the TV in another way.

I mentioned this earlier in another thread, but these apologies are worthless as there is zero accountability for those involved in refereeing the games.

Will Lee Mason be sanctioned? No, he'll continue to referee at the highest level and, like many others, will continue to make mistakes, with more apologies.

If he's lucky, he may get told to not referee a game next week, all on full pay. If he's unlucky, he'll referee down a tier or two for a week before pushed back up.
Lee Mason won’t be demoted to a lower league game as he’s actually retired from refereeing. Same as Mike Dean and John Moss. They now literally just do VAR full-time, and they still manage to spectacularly balls it up on a regular basis.

Lee Mason won’t be demoted to a lower league game as he’s actually retired from refereeing. Same as Mike Dean and John Moss. They now literally just do VAR full-time, and they still manage to spectacularly balls it up on a regular basis.
It’s an absolute nonsense, Dean wasn’t a good referee, but Moss and Mason are two of the worst and most incompetent referees in PL history! Yet here they are still influencing results in the PL!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back