Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We only appointed Moyes because Walter Smith recommended him as his successor! So Kenwright can’t even take the credit for that. This makes me even more nervous that it’s him and Moshiri making such a crucial decision now! No successful managerial appointment since 2002. Twenty years.

Honestly, I have no idea anymore. I am disillusioned by Everton and think every appointment now is fraught with risk. A tiny, stupid part of me thinks we may as well go all in on Rooney, if only for the drama factor and the box-office it is likely to be. But my better judgement says it will be a car crash. James Corbett's suggestion of Cahill as DoF, Rooney as Manager, and Carsley as coach is seductive. But it's more sentiment, isn't it? Are these people really the best people for these jobs? What a coincidence they all happen to be Evertonians...
Cahill got a degree in business from Harvard and has worked in loads of different jobs. He well qualified

We only appointed Moyes because Walter Smith recommended him as his successor! So Kenwright can’t even take the credit for that. This makes me even more nervous that it’s him and Moshiri making such a crucial decision now! No successful managerial appointment since 2002. Twenty years.
Carlo was a great appointment. But then he walked.

Why would it happen in the next few days?

Lampard on a 2nd interview and Rooney 1st apparently this week.

Ferguson says hes expecting 2 or 3 more games.

Do you really truly believe 2nd half we were dominated by Villa? I think thats the wrong way round.

As for Gallardo, if Ferguson beats Newcastle and potentially Leeds + Southampton then we could keep him till season end.

Thats the time to bring in Gallardo. He would be a fantastic appointment.

But now? I think its too big a risk.
I think it will be days because yesterday emphasizes the point we really need a manager fast and there are a few window days left for them.

All those vastly highly paid TV pundits claim to know everything, so what about Roy Kean on a short contract, who would strike fear into the players, bin the rubbish and upset everyone else. He was no blinding success before as a manager, but knows how to shoot his mouth off. Might have an electrifying effect in the short time left this season.

Why big Dunc mate?

A few reasons, continuity, stability, familiarity with football operation internally, we don’t need someone coming in and taking a month to “assess the squad” - we don’t have the time, he’s performed and got results in the past which suggests competence, I think he enables, fight, care, battling and passion ,qualities I think we need. I think Rooney and Lampard are risks.

Dunc doesn’t tie us into a long contract, beyond the end of the season, we have the break glass option if things don’t pick up of employing someone else. While if he can carry us safely to the summer, we will have a better market for a permanent appointment, rather then being stuck with a Rooney or Lampard.

A few reasons, continuity, stability, he’s performed and got results in the past which suggests competence, I think he enables, fight, care, battling and passion ,qualities I think we need. I think Rooney and Lampard are risks.

Dunc doesn’t tie us into a long contract, beyond the end of the season, we have the break glass option if things don’t pick up of employing someone else. While if he can carry us safely to the summer, we will have a better market for a permanent appointment, rather then being stuck with a Rooney or Lampard.

can he keep us up and will he sign players? the midfield is a mess

Carlo was a great appointment. But then he walked.
Great appointment when he came but we were rubnish, 12th and 10th, allowing players to down tools, Lucas being a good example, he took us backwards. It seemed like a good idea at the time but in hindsight it was a hollywood appointment and a really bad move.

A few reasons, continuity, stability, he’s performed and got results in the past which suggests competence, I think he enables, fight, care, battling and passion ,qualities I think we need. I think Rooney and Lampard are risks.

Based on yesterday, Ferguson will provide the same as we got under Benitez. I'm pretty shocked by what he served up and expected fresh ideas. Was he not watching on the bench?

I cant think of many worse options. Yesterday was an absolute load of rubbish. He sent a team out to run around and hoof it. Its 2022 and we are a club stuck in the footballing middle ages.

We need 5 wins minimum we have won 1 game in 14, Ferguson doesn’t have any tactical skills or know how to get them wins. Yesterday showed that. It’s really scary any way you look at

Big Joe was exasperated by him too.

A legend for all the wrong reasons as far as I'm concerned.
If i remember correctly, I was at a game away against Wigan with my my mate and Fergusson was subbed on, said to my mate (sadly now departed) he'll get sent off here! He was. I can't remember the result but he was one of those players you never knew who would turn up, Jekyll or Hyde! But he has matured into a good trainer who players can respond to, but I very much doubt that he (or Rooney) will be the answer to our myriad problems. As I, and others, have said, good technical director (DOF) then new coach, then new players. We are NOT going down.

can he keep us up and will he sign players? the midfield is a mess

I think we’ve a poor team, but I think we performed yesterday, it’s better then I’ve seen.

My understanding there is a strong chance PL are dictating our budget, so it may be up to the PL whether we can sign players at the mo. Can’t see anyone who would improve us would want to come here at the mo to be honest. But on the opposite side we’ve thrown money at it in the past and hasn’t got any better.

Thus re,Indus me of the season, Joe left and Waggy came in and manned the trenches.

Status
Not open for further replies.