Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is though Francis, it is.

Everton confident of Tarkowski deal​

EVERTON are increasingly confident they will win the race for out of contract James Tarkowski.

The England defender is one of the most sought after signings of the summer, with his status as a free agent on July 1 seeing a host of clubs pushing for his signature.

But with the centre half forced to see out a less than lucrative four and a half year Burnley contract he signed in January 2018, he is now ready to cash in.

That appears to have cooled the interest somewhat of Aston Villa and West Ham, and he is leaning towards Everton with his roots now based firmly in the north west.

The Blues must sort out their finances to generate the funds to make transfer signings, but they will offload players previously on big contracts this summer, with the likes of Gylfi Sigurdsson, Cenk Tosun and Fabian Delph all departing at the end of their huge deals.

That will free up serious funds to give Tarkowski close to the money he is looking for, with the defender thought to be seeking in the region of £5m a year, or £100,000 a week.

Newcastle are also in the running and can match any offer Everton make, but Tarkowski is Manchester born, and bar one short spell with Brentford, has spent most of his career in the north west.

etc

As I said, devil in the detail which none of us are privy to.

Like a stuck record here.

Again, appreciate there's a need for pragmatism but you can do that without kicking the can too far down the road.

No way should we be giving James Tarkowski a long term deal on mad money.

Who would you prefer for zero transfer fee?

5 year £100k per week contract is £26m. Would it feel any better if he wasn’t a free agent and we were paying £13m fee and £50k per week?
Not sure a 5 year contract is appropriate with him being 30 in November mind but I guess 34 y/o centre half isn’t that unusual.

Personally i think you pay a james tarkowski level player what the club offers. Not what he wants.
if he can get a better offer elsewhere then good luck to him. Im not talking offering him peanuts. But a sensible offer. Getting silly when relegated players are asking for that amount imo.
Then we shouldn't even contact his agent because that would be a pointless exercise.

In fact we probably won't be signing any players at all using that strategy... apart from very poor ones.

Who would you prefer for zero transfer fee?

I'd rather sign no centre half if the other option is 100-140k on 5 years for James Tarkowski.

The exact same view I've had on a number of disaster signings Everton have made over the years, like Tosun...

If Tosun comes in, we still need a top striker - he doesn't have the credentials for that fee and we're not that desperate - we'll finish 7th-9th this season with or without him.

Move on, no way should Everton be paying the fee quoted. Too much of a risk.

Can't afford to piss about with a protracted transfer and pay well over the odds for some no mark.

Everton really need to move on, and quick.

... Basically, this then;

I think the biggest trick is not signing them in the first place.

3 year deal around 75k - sound. It means we have a chance of shifting him if we need.

Especially if we can shift Mina and free up what capacity we do/will have to spend for other areas.

5 year £100k per week contract is £26m. Would it feel any better if he wasn’t a free agent and we were paying £13m fee and £50k per week?
Not sure a 5 year contract is appropriate with him being 30 in November mind but I guess 34 y/o centre half isn’t that unusual.

Suspect signing on fee of a few bob mate.

Big wages also means tricky to offload if doesn't go well.

Then we shouldn't even contact his agent because that would be a pointless exercise.

In fact we probably won't be signing any players at all using that strategy... apart from very poor ones.

So you think a player who just played a part of a team who got relegated should be naming his price?
No wonder so many clubs cant even balance the books
Good strategy you say.

The thing is though Francis, it is.

Everton confident of Tarkowski deal​

EVERTON are increasingly confident they will win the race for out of contract James Tarkowski.

The England defender is one of the most sought after signings of the summer, with his status as a free agent on July 1 seeing a host of clubs pushing for his signature.

But with the centre half forced to see out a less than lucrative four and a half year Burnley contract he signed in January 2018, he is now ready to cash in.

That appears to have cooled the interest somewhat of Aston Villa and West Ham, and he is leaning towards Everton with his roots now based firmly in the north west.

The Blues must sort out their finances to generate the funds to make transfer signings, but they will offload players previously on big contracts this summer, with the likes of Gylfi Sigurdsson, Cenk Tosun and Fabian Delph all departing at the end of their huge deals.

That will free up serious funds to give Tarkowski close to the money he is looking for, with the defender thought to be seeking in the region of £5m a year, or £100,000 a week.

Newcastle are also in the running and can match any offer Everton make, but Tarkowski is Manchester born, and bar one short spell with Brentford, has spent most of his career in the north west.

etc

As I said, devil in the detail which none of us are privy to.

Like a stuck record here.

Again, appreciate there's a need for pragmatism but you can do that without kicking the can too far down the road.

No way should we be giving James Tarkowski a long term deal on mad money.

So to be clear your source is one journalist saying 100k no specific years (maddock) and one geordie freelancer with 9k followers who seemed keen on inflating everything about it for a sly dig?
The devil is in the detail of which none of our actual ITKs - Joyce, King, Bobble have revelead. Seems your getting all hot an bothered about a contract offer nobody has a clue about Mister GOT

I'd rather sign no centre half if the other option is 100-140k on 5 years for James Tarkowski.

The exact same view I've had on a number of disaster signings Everton have made over the years, like Tosun...

... Basically, this then;

3 year deal around 75k - sound. It means we have a chance of shifting him if we need.

Especially if we can shift Mina and free up what capacity we do/will have to spend for other areas.
There is no way, given our current financial troubles and what has got us in that financial position, that we should be bringing a relegated 29 year old in on a 5 year contract at £120k a week.

It's not really about if he's any good, he's ok, but this has all the makings of us being lumbered with a declining high earner with no resale value and significant time left on his contract, in a few years time.

Think some people are getting blinded by the 'free' bit.

Dress it up anyway you want low wages big fee, no fee big wages, we will still fork out about 25mil for him.

We are trying to get a 29 year old relegated Burnley player to Everton who could possibly move to us without uprooting his family, we should be offering him no more than 50-60k a week, Take it or leave it!

I suspect any signing on fee is tied into the figure touted as weekly wages.
Really it’s less about weekly wages so much as value of contract, how they divvy up / pay out the contract sum is neither here nor there really.
Press etc find it easier / more sensational to give figures in weekly wages.

So to be clear your source is one journalist saying 100k no specific years (maddock) and one geordie freelancer with 9k followers who seemed keen on inflating everything about it for a sly dig?
The devil is in the detail of which none of our actual ITKs - Joyce, King, Bobble have revelead. Seems your getting all hot an bothered about a contract offer nobody has a clue about Mister GOT

So you say nobody at all is reporting what I've post regarding his wage being potentially £100k+. I share the report from The Mirror but that doesn't count? Haha. Ok mate.

I've said repeatedly the devil will be in the detail which none of us are privy to. If we aren't to comment on reports/without the conclusive facts and detail then we may as well close every transfer thread until it's concluded.

So you say nobody at all is reporting what I've post regarding his wage being potentially £100k+. I share the report from The Mirror but that doesn't count? Haha. Ok mate.

I've said repeatedly the devil will be in the detail which none of us are privy to. If we aren't to comment on reports/without the conclusive facts and detail then we may as well close every transfer thread until it's concluded.
Maddock also said we were splooshing 20 million on Harold Winks. He isn't a serious journalist in the same sense that [Publication is blacklisted due to spam] is banned from here. Comment on the reports but don't expect them to be taken serious when the most credible you can come up with is them two

Devil is indeed in the detail.

5 year deal, 120k pw

Could easily be 3 year deal with the option to extend for a 4th and 5th on a flat 80k with various bonuses due to appearances finishing position, certain targets etc which if every one is met come to 120k

Status
Not open for further replies.