Everton history thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danny, there were 12 teams, the missing one from that list is a club called Everton. I'm not sure how or why Accrington became Stanley but they are generally acknowledged as founder members of the FL. Accrington have a terrible track record for teams going broke, the initial team folded in 1900-01, it was known as Accrington although the assets and personel came back immeadiately as Accrington Stanley, just try telling someone from Accrington that they were not founder members of the football league, its like asking someone from Hartlepool 'who hung the monkey'

accrington fc were founder members and nothing to do with accrington stanley im sure i read that on wikipedia a while ago

accrington fc were founder members and nothing to do with accrington stanley im sure i read that on wikipedia a while ago

My mate lives in Accrington, try telling them they the 1962 team was not connected to the original FL membership side. They have always maintained that they are from the original Accrington FL side, even when that side went bankrupt the press called them the original league members. The present Accrington has risen from the ashes team that went bankrupt in 1962 although they now have a separate stadium and company running it.

My mate lives in Accrington, try telling them they the 1962 team was not connected to the original FL membership side. They have always maintained that they are from the original Accrington FL side, even when that side went bankrupt the press called them the original league members. The present Accrington has risen from the ashes team that went bankrupt in 1962 although they now have a separate stadium and company running it.

i dont doubt it monty
its just what i read while looking for the founder members after the question was asked on another forum a while ago mate

our first fa cup match was in the 1886-87 season where we lost 1-0 at hom to glasgow rangers. we fielded ineligeble players in that match

Absolutely correct, not many blues know that we got beat by Glasgow Rangers in our first ever cup tie, and yes we did cheat:lol: :lol:

Next question will follow this evening

Sod it, they this one

Name me the musician that was instrumental (pun intended) in Everton leaving Anfield and falling out with King John. Also what instrument did he play and where did he play it, they can get harder but this is a learning curve:lol: :lol: :lol:

am i right in saying john mckenna. i dont know his instrument but i have a feeling its a bugle seeing as he was an orangeman and probably played it on his marches

Sorry you are wrong on both counts, I'll post the answer when Chico is not about:P :P :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back