2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was just going for a ‘I’m not going to pretend I’ve always been an Everton fan but I really do appreciate how good the club is’ kind of vibe personally. Nobody really cares that he’s a Tory.
Thats what it was.

I doubt hes aware of the tory shouts and if he was, he would know that nobody is serious with them.

Just banter innit.

Let’s bin all the ‘Tory’ comments now too. I get they are all light hearted quips etc but if you listen to the end of his post match interview I’d say he’s aware of those comments when he says “I’m not going to hide where I’m from, I’m from London, well Essex actually”

Can’t think of any other context to why he’s said that?

Comes across a genuine bloke and seems to already ‘get’ us, so I’d say all the ‘tory’ comments need to stop as they are irrelevant
He'll be a leftist urban guerrilla by the time he leaves this club.

Take it whatever way you want.

I did, I took by wanting the man responsible chasing out of the club. I wanted him to do well at the start, because that would mean Everton were doing well. I genuinely thought after the United game he might make a go of it... But the derby, Watford and the horrorshow afterwards, to add to a terrible atmosphere around the place and atrocious football just made me realise it was never going to work.

And then today, with exactly the same squad we get a great performance just by giving them belief that they are decent footballers and getting on the front foot.

I did, I took by wanting the man responsible chasing out of the club. I wanted him to do well at the start, because that would mean Everton were doing well. I genuinely thought after the United game he might make a go of it... But the derby, Watford and the horrorshow afterwards, to add to a terrible atmosphere around the place and atrocious football just made me realise it was never going to work.

And then today, with exactly the same squad we get a great performance just by giving them belief that they are decent footballers and getting on the front foot.
Let's not rewrite history: the injuries we had were the most prolonged I can ever remember. We had no attack for the best part of half a season...and he was handed just £1.7M last summer.

In short, there were mitigating circumstances that can be pointed to - and if anyone challenges that they really aren't open to a serious debate.

Let's not rewrite history: the injuries we had were the most prolonged I can ever remember. We had no attack for the best part of half a season...and he was handed just £1.7M last summer.

In short, there were mitigating circumstances that can be pointed to - and if anyone challenges that they really aren't open to a serious debate.

Do you believe that with everyone back Benitez would have turned it around and had us playing some decent football?

Status
Not open for further replies.