Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching us yesterday I think its fair to say to have this side good enough to not only get a point at the top clubs but ti aim for 3 consistently and go toe to toe we will need to spend realistically another £150-200 million in the next 2 transfer windows.

Gomes: £35-40 million
Lozano: £30-35 million
Ndombele: £45-50 million (Brands could sign an alternative for less perhaps)
Top Centre Forward: £50-60 million
Zouma: £25 million

Thats about £200 million but you have a side good enough to not only defend well, but also a strong midfield and an actual goal threat going forward which we currently do not have.

Now to combat against the big expenditure the good news is we have alot of deadwood to sell:

Bolasie: £8-10 million
Tosun: £12-15 million
Niasse: £7-8 million
Vlasic: £12-15 million
Besic: £5-6 million
Mirallas: £2 million
Sandro: £2 million
Schnerderlin: £12-15 million
McCarthy: £8-10 million

About £80-90 million we could look to claw back over the next 2 windows if we can shift the majority of the above out.

So basically we are on target to move forward as a club, the big question mark is if the ownership would be willing to put the funds in to take us to the next level but im hopeful they will.

In terms of Janaury, for me a new centre forward is the priority signing with the others waiting to the summer. Gomes on a permanent would be great next month but I think Barca will wait until the summer in the hope his price tag continues to grow.

Bolasie £5mil + Onyekuru £20mil + Walcott £20mil + Mirallas £0 = £45mil

McCarthy £3mil + Schneiderlin £12mil + Besic £6mil + Gana £30mil = £51mil

Sandro £0 + Tosun £20mil + Niasse £15mil = £35mil

Around £130mil there.

Lozano £35mil
Ndombele £60mil
Militao £25mil

£120mil gone

Would still need a Centre Forward + Gomes.

Around £130mil there.

Lozano £35mil
Ndombele £60mil
Militao £25mil

£120mil gone

Why don't we see what Onyekuru can do for us before we sell him, Zatman?

Why are you selling Gana?

I wouldn't be selling Onyekuru, only an idiotic offer would make me sell. He could rip our league up for all we know and we'd look stupid. There's rumours about very good teams in for him.

I can't see a striker in Jan, none would be available you'd think, but another possibility until the rest of the season could be to try Walcott there and move richarlison back out wide. We've got a fair few options that can help us get by until the summer instead of forcing through what could be an unnecessary transfer imo. Top 5 is gone already, I know its early but Arsenal and spurs are a league above us. So we just need to plan for next seasons assault, buying another tosun won't do that.

Around £130mil there.

Lozano £35mil
Ndombele £60mil
Militao £25mil

£120mil gone

It doesn't work like that Zat, if you sign Morgan Schneiderlin for 25 million on a contract for five years, selling below that crystallizes a loss that comes off the bottom line.

The club are likely to have entered into payments of 5 mill a season to Utd, that is how all transfers are done - annually. So with three years left on his contract he has a value "book price" of 15 million to Everton, because Everton still owe 15 million to Utd, next year 10 million etc.

So selling Schneiderlin or any of the above below their book price means we make a loss of the bottom line.

Selling Scnchnerlin for 12 million makes a 3 million loss, it doesnt create 12 million.

Thats why we have loaned out so many players that arent part of the squad, we are essentially getting other clubs to help with their cost and lowering their book price.

Been heavily linked with Gabriel Barbosa who is back to form in Brazil after struggling at Inter.

Not sure of he's what we need but his goalscoring record is very good and hes still very young. Hopefully if we can get him, Silva does what he did with Richarlison.

Just musings really...so many positions needed to fill and i have no doubt the signings will mostly be unexpected anyway.

I wouldn't be selling Onyekuru, only an idiotic offer would make me sell. He could rip our league up for all we know and we'd look stupid. There's rumours about very good teams in for him.

I can't see a striker in Jan, none would be available you'd think, but another possibility until the rest of the season could be to try Walcott there and move richarlison back out wide. We've got a fair few options that can help us get by until the summer instead of forcing through what could be an unnecessary transfer imo. Top 5 is gone already, I know its early but Arsenal and spurs are a league above us. So we just need to plan for next seasons assault, buying another tosun won't do that.

We'd have 6 wide players...so need to sell 2 i think.

It doesn't work like that Zat, if you sign Morgan Schneiderlin for 25 million on a contract for five years, selling below that crystallizes a loss that comes off the bottom line.

The club are likely to have entered into payments of 5 mill a season to Utd, that is how all transfers are done - annually. So with three years left on his contract he has a value "book price" of 15 million to Everton, because Everton still owe 15 million to Utd, next year 10 million etc.

So selling Schneiderlin or any of the above below their book price means we make a loss of the bottom line.

Selling Scnchnerlin for 12 million makes a 3 million loss, it doesnt create 12 million.

Thats why we have loaned out so many players that arent part of the squad, we are essentially getting other clubs to help with their cost and lowering their book price.

I know...snag is weve no way to calculate how much weve paid or their book values as were just fans.

We have a fair bit of deadwood we can still shift to hopefully finance a deal for Gomes. McCarthy Schneiderlin Niasse (sadly) are arguably not needed and we still have all the players out on loan who may have a sell on value.

Just musings really...so many positions needed to fill and i have no doubt the signings will mostly be unexpected anyway.

We'd have 6 wide players...so need to sell 2 i think.

I know...snag is weve no way to calculate how much weve paid or their book values as were just fans.

In a general sense its split evenly annually over the length of their contract.

Bolaise is likely 15 million. Tosun proabably about 20 million etc.

Players like McCarthy, Sandro, Mirallas, Besic we have paid for a long time ago, so our liability are their contracts.

Which is why i believe you will see players the likes of Bolaise, Schnderlin and Tosun out on loan before you see them sold unless someone came in with their book price as a bid, i wouldnt be confident of getting 15 mill for Bolaise or Schnderlin to break even, of 20 mill for Tosun, so loans it may be.

It works the other way as well, Pickford would have a book price of around 24 million, if Utd came in with a bid of 70 mill we would bank a profit of 46 mill.

Academy players have no book price and are pure profit, its why we gave the likes of Pennington a new deal, the lad pays for himself three or five times over after all his loan fees and everyone else paying his wage and we will sell at some point to a championship club banking pure profit.

It’s be interesting to know what brands thoughts are about the likely continued inflation of prices. For example getting the likes of ndombele, Lozano etc in now for big fees and on long term contracts could actually end up being seen as cheap in a couple of years. Alternatively, targeting players coming to the end of the contracts might be the way to go. I wonder what his thinking/plans are.
Going by what he’s done so far it’ll be younger players who either
Have made the big move too soon Digne Mina
Se us as a stepping stone to the elite , Lozano etc
It’ll be very rare I’d say got us to sign an older player unless someone exceptional becomes available

Around £130mil there.

Lozano £35mil
Ndombele £60mil
Militao £25mil

£120mil gone

very difficult to get a top centre forward in jan, i reckon we might get someone on loan tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back