2023/24 Nathan Patterson

And yet they get picked ahead of him.

He started the season at rightback and couldn't hold it down. He then also got another chance and played a few games at right back and could'nt keep his place again.

When Young and Coleman were both out injured and Godfrey got picked before him. He is 4th choice at the min.

Yeah they get picked ahead of him because the manager is stubborn and a dinosaur, that says a lot about the manager and not much else.

No, you just blame everyone else for it. Lets have a look at what you have said.

@Marius57 this is from this thread upto the end of Sept by you.

Considering the whole team was crap, I assume I can go in to any player thread and he is in their screaming about how awful they are, right…

Been poor so far today. But also looks like he has been told to hoof it to an isolated Chermiti every chance he gets

Neither are the other 10. Go and slate all them.

I mean, our tactics have been to hoof it. It’s hardly guesswork

You are tiresome.

But if you watch Dyche on the sideline, you can actually see him signalling to go over the top. He even slammed his arm down when Pickford just chose not to.

Garner wasn’t great at RB last night. He looked better than Patterson because gana was doing a load of defensive work that garner and onana hadn’t done in the first half. Then when we scored and our players started ignoring dyches hoof ball tactics, he put some good crosses in (also knocked the ball off the sideline several times like Patterson did) but I’m sure Godfrey went to RB and Garner had some more freedom to get forward to make those crosses.

That he was poor. I’ve already said that. But so were most of the team but Dyche chose to take the 3 youngest off. Like I’ve said, garner didn’t look great at RB either yesterday and you are shouting for him to play there.

Our best spell was when the players stopped listening to Dyche who was constantly signalling for balls over the top which Patterson had tried repeatedly but Chermiti had no one within 30 yards of him so it was pointless but was clearly how Dyche had instructed them.

Good and bad today.

Nice assist. Some other poor crosses. But who was the last right back we had who could actually cross well? I can’t think of them because hibbert and Coleman never managed it.

Made some good defensive challenges but also a few mistakes. Nearly cost us with that clearance but didn’t and wasn’t at fault for the goals.

Imagine playing him with half decent defenders alongside him for a sustained period while also playing an actual winger in front of him who understands the role.

And he has made a few crosses in previous games that have landed straight on a players foot yet they have screwed it up. Much better crosser than he is being given credit for when he gets the chance to. Certainly a better crosser than any of our previous right backs for 20 years.

Having a good game. Dyche hasn’t made it easy for him either with a not fully fit winger ahead of him who hasn’t played for us yet and Keane on his inside.

To be fair to Godfrey when he first started at RB this season he played well the first few games and took his chance.

He just offers nothing going forward.
I was gonna say hes not playing badly, hes playing like I expect a CB to play RB, I am totally ignoring his shockingly bad tackle on Saturday, cos Tarks did the same.