Relegation 23/24 Thread

Well, as delighted as we have been by Dyche’s defiant demons, the likes of Luton have been going on a run of their own. Wolves, Villa, and Fulham is a minimum five points as far as I’m concerned. And I see no reason why we shouldn’t get those. But we’re in a battle, make no mistake.

Newcastle, btw, are in relegation form. I wonder if the nice people who run that club will show some patience to Eddie the Unscrupulous…

@davek is regularly hilariously off-message with his posts, but then the creeping wisdom of his insights begins to reveal itself with the passage of events and time.

I expect he’ll be right about this, too. We’re in a battle all the way to late April. At le
My God, not you as well. You always seem so insightful.

The man (I assume) is either an absolute cockwomble or a WUM. The team that outplayed Spurs for a large part of the game are not going to get relegated because the prophet of gloom and doom has spoken. Get a 'kin' grip.

The 'creeping wisdom', Jeez. I'm thinking of a song by Radiohead but there's no mention of the word 'wisdom'.

We have been cut adrift and we are in a mini-league with Burnley, Sheff Utd and Luton.

Getting above the latter will be tough as they have a 5 point start and show signs of settling in and improvement.
One sliver of hope is their run of games till the end of Jan is almost as tough as ours. We must try and hang onto their shirt-tails.
Over the past month we have been the best side in this mini league by some distance. Keeping our heads above water... just.

Meanwhile, Forest and Palace have dropped down to join us. Feel the Palace game maybe crucial. Need to drag them into the mix.

I tell you one thing: I don't see Luton being relegated.

MagicEraser_231226_195412.jpeg

Why is it whenever we play teams score their only real chances against us. I’ve watched Liverpool at Burnley and Burnley had about 4 good chances and ballooned them all. Never seems to go for us does it. Just watch Haaland be back for tomorrow aswell.