Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did nobody ever get hurt by those cushions? They were a threat to health and public safety.

Of course, they were a great and immediate way to express discontent.

So, on balance its still Howard Out.

Two signs of the mad man.

1. Wanting to go into a semi final without a a manager.
  2. Wanting Harry Redknapp as our manager.

Who are you talking to?

I didn't say sack the manager. I'm just saying IF he goes at the end of the season, here are the managers we could potentially get in.

My case for Harry Redknapp is as follows - his stock was high after getting Tottenham into the champions league and many people wanted him to be England manager. We all know why Hodgson got it, because he doesn't ruffle any feathers, and Redknapp can be a bit of a loose cannon. QPR was a bad spot to be, big egos on big money losing matches don't work.

To be honest he's probably too old now to manager a club like Everton. I'd rather have someone like Eddie Howe, but Howe will most likely stay at Bournemouth if they don't get relegated.

I don't want Moysie back. Its like getting back with your ex.

I have no idea about Vitor as Ive never watched his teams or followed any news of him.
Nah getting back with your ex might be okay, but if she's fit and not a psycho. With Moyes it's as if you're getting back with your ex, who is, other than minging in general, now a heroin addict, and you're fully aware of it, but do it anyway.

Vitor is god mate, just ask @MoutsGoat

I agree with those that Martinez is to nice with the players. He not ruthless enough (dropping Howard and resting stones who needs it).

Sometimes he struggles with a bad run like the one we are on now.

Most of us said ages ago Tim needs to be dropped and it will cost Martinez his job and he still persisting with him, does he not rate robles at all? Most of us knew we needed a new keeper last summer.

I'm going to be honest now and this hurts as I like Martinez and the team he building but he got to work on the defence and he ignoring major flaws like Howard, stones needs to be taken out of the heat (I would sell him for big bucks, he doesn't want to be here, fans can't handle the way he plays).
We are letting to many goals in and that is our weakness and is a massive concern. The mistakes are happening to often and they mostly involve howard. We are being dragged into a relegation battle which is scaring me a little bit. OK maybe I'm overreactiong but clubs will now smell that we are vulnerable and confidence is now broke again just in time for the semi.
The next concern is will he replace naismith, OK I've heard why do we need to replace him when we didn't play him, well lukaku is not a machine and needs to be rested and kone not good enough to start up front alone.

I don't understand why managers don't bring in outside help, like maybe get a top defensive coach to come in and help the team.

Next week pro Martinez posters will say Everton are 8 points off 5th and still in the FA Cup as an excuse to cover up Martinez's failure. And 72 points (it was still 5th though) of PL points as a record but forgot to mention since then, 18 wins out of 61 matches is a horrendous record. Results reflect reality.

Any decision will be decided at the end of season. As I have asserted, there is no point of sacking him now (and he won't due to the board). At this rate, you will be able to see where we will finish in the league this season. 11th is ridiculous but maybe not even 11th (for me minimum requirement is 6th/7th with a Europa place).

I was deffo on this WAY too long yesterday. Had the oddest dream last night that I was showing the wife a video of the press conference that I'd taped - (over my SNUBTV compilation of all things, gutted) - and on a FERGUSON VIDEOSTAR that me Mam had on the drip from RADIO RENTALS - anyway, as we watched I was telling her all the reasons why it may not be as bad as people thought, y'know, that we'd given Rafael BENITEZ a 5 year deal...

'Didn't you used to call him a baaaaaad, grating tit?' said the wife.

'Yes...yes I did' responded '...but he still has a house up here'.

And that appeared to be the all I had argument wise.

Felt pwoppper unusual when I woke up, like I'd dirtied meself somehow.

Anyway, this is a MARTINEZ thread, so he's a baaaaad grating tit as well.

Martinez has a nice philosophy I'll give him that. The football at times is really good. It's a lack of everything else that is the problem and his philosophy of not punishing mistakes. A mistake should be just that, a one time thing, not a habit. Its kind of frustrating that it's carried on for one or two seasons long now. Bobby - play some more experienced heads! It's a bit too inexperienced to get us any results in the prem.

Secondly the other thread about the next manager got locked but if Martinez ends up getting the sack at the end of the season (I doubt it though), here's my wishlist of managers.

Here's a list of currently available managers - http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trainer/verfuegbaretrainer/statistik

1. Jose Mourinho - Every manager has weaknesses and Jose's style may not jive with everyone, but he gets results. If he doesn't get the Man U job, maybe there's an off chance he'll take the Everton job. Unlikely but one can dream a little.
2. Manual Pelligrini - If he loses his job and wants to stay in the prem, the Everton job wouldn't be a bad one to take.
3. Harry Redknapp - Let's get melty face in, if only because he is a very very good man manager. His age makes me consider whether he could do the job or not.
4. Guus Hiddink - If Chelsea get somebody else in after this season, Guus may be free to go to another club. He'd be a decent manager to get short term. But he doesn't strike me as someone who buys and sells well as he's managed national teams more than domestic ones.
5. Eddie Howe - If Bournemouth somehow get relegated (I don't think they will), Howe will get a number of offers to manage an EPL club. Everton fan since childhood, I could see it happening and good to get a young manager in.

Honourable mention - Julen Lopetegui at Porto just got relieved of his duties. I prefer a manager with EPL experience but he's got a decent win/loss ratio 68% W53/D15/L9. Could do worse than an ex-Porto manager. He used to be a goalkeeper though, then again some managers never played the game, so don't think it matters as long as the guy gets results!
Have said it before mate I can see the club only moving for howe in any given situation and only in a year or two if he stays up.

Moyes appointment was out of the blue to most of us but Martinez was always going to be his replacement here.

No way he goes:

1) Do the board even know what went on today? Not sure, they weren't even there
2) He only gets sacked if we go down
3) Not a chance we'd cough up the 5/6mill it would cost in compo

In hindsight, the 5 year contract or whatever it was...not the smartest move.

Been saying this throughout...One good season and BK can't wait to give him a new contract. It is even worst when you give Kone an automatical extension because he played 30 odd league games in 3 seasons.

You wouldn't understand it, seriously. See a lot of people like watching football, they enjoy the match but they don't fully understand what is going on. Anyone who thinks Martinez is doing a good job or is faultless in the present form for the last 2 seasons falls into that category.

He is a rubbish manager at a great club with a good squad and he alone he is turning into Wigan.
A great club to us
Just a middle of the road club to everybody else
Let's not start believing we are this all winning all conquering club
We are not and never have been over a real consistent period - maybe mid 80's, but that was a lifetime away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back