2023/24 Sean Dyche

We need to do three things over the break - sort out the back post when defending set pieces, work out how to create decent chances against stubborn teams who sit deep (Luton 2nd half) and continue to work on finishing.

The last four games, apart from 2nd half against Luton, we’ve played very enjoyable high energy, front foot, football but we’ve still missed a lot of chances (we scored harder chances first half today and missed a few we shouldn’t imo) and the whole league now knows to drop set pieces back post so we can’t keep that wide open.

I was gutted coming back from the Luton game but we’d all have taken 3 wins from 4 ahead of Brentford away when things looked really dire.

We need to do three things over the break - sort out the back post when defending set pieces, work out how to create decent chances against stubborn teams who sit deep (Luton 2nd half) and continue to work on finishing.

The last four games, apart from 2nd half against Luton, we’ve played very enjoyable high energy, front foot, football but we’ve still missed a lot of chances (we scored harder chances first half today and missed a few we shouldn’t imo) and the whole league now knows to drop set pieces back post so we can’t keep that wide open.

I was gutted coming back from the Luton game but we’d all have taken 3 wins from 4 ahead of Brentford away when things looked really dire.
Need them opposition short corners sorting out pronto too.

Agree, this isn`t why after one home win I`m going all Dyche in, 3 points from them 5 games is scandalous....

How many points will we get from the next 5 at home in the Premier League?

4th Nov Brighton
25th Nov Man Utd
5th Dec Newcastle
9th Dec Chelsea
26th Dec Man City
7 would be an excellent result - but it's an incredibly tough run. We will rue the Luton and Fulham losses.

Just had to rescue this thread from the second page. Weird how the toads go quiet after littering this thread with pages and pages of entitled performative rage for the past week because they didn’t get their three points serotonin.

Three wins in four you foul pond dwelling anti Everton man babies. You’re wanting Everton to get beat in the next game - which makes you a kopite - so you can be dead angry and demanding more on the internet. Top bloos are a disease on this club.
Thank you for your liberal intervention. Now type it angry and as if you mean it!

Not sure where the James Garner stuff is coming from. If my memory is right, it was Dyche who put his faith in him brought into the team and, gave him an opportunity and gave him more time and trust then the last manager were even beyond his back injury he was bench fodder.

Lad is getting better and better and more influential under this manager.

Hes one of a few thats being developed.

Not sure where the James Garner stuff is coming from. If my memory is right, it was Dyche who put his faith in him brought into the team and, gave him an opportunity and gave him more time and trust then the last manager were even beyond his back injury he was bench fodder.

Lad is getting better and better and more influential under this manager.

Hes one of a few thats being developed.

He was playing Garner over Onana last season based on form. Even his starting line up today before Gueye’s injury had Garner over Onana.

When Dyche makes mistakes it’s his fault, if he does something right it’s because it was dead obvious or the fans pressured him into it apparently.

Can just see Dyche reading twitter in his office all day ‘blimey maybe I should play Branthwaite over Keane, might give it a whirl next game’ ‘ooh Garner in the middle instead of out wide is getting a mention’

He was playing Garner over Onana last season based on form. Even his starting line up today before Gueye’s injury had Garner over Onana.

When Dyche makes mistakes it’s his fault, if he does something right it’s because it was dead obvious or the fans pressured him into it.

Can just see Dyche reading twitter in his office all day ‘blimey maybe I should play Branthwaite over Keane, might give it a whirl next game’ ‘ooh Garner in the middle instead of out wide is getting a mention’

This is the thing mate Garner was anonymous before Dyche, its really weird.

Throw in the development of Branthwaite. Chemiti ticking along getting mins. Dobbin given the nod. Simms last season. Patterson got his chance and unfortunately didnt take it - as yet. Also thought Onana had one of his best performances for us yesterday. Young players are being developed, more then under any other manger we've had in recent history. Young Brathwaite bit our hand off during the week for a new deal - i thought that might be problematic - clearly hes happy and feels hes developing.

Hes rescued McNeill who was dog dirt before he arrived, while he looks to have made the right decision on giving Dom time to get "fit" and back to his best in the face of huge pressure, risk and criticism (touches wood).

Yesterday we looked really balanced all available (bar Dele and Coleman) - he built that with Thelwell, there is a plan hes working toward. He saw through a fair few chancers in the summer and they were gone in short order.

I just think some of the stuff is off the wall and based on stereotype or biased opinion developed early as opposed to reality. When you anaylse it there is a lot hes doing thats developing the club and trying to move it forward. Thats a process rather then an event.

Im enjoying it.